Can anyone tell me where my mistake is?

I’m trying to create a material like this but I end up with a purple sphere

Who knows what the problem is?

wood.blend (1002.7 KB)

Drop your blend file and I’ll take a look at it.

I added blend file

Strange, but it all looks fine in my case

Blender 4.0.1

Maybe I don’t have enough Video Memory for the material to work?
is this possible?

1 Like

Try out different Blender’s version. I have tested it under 4.0.1 What is your btw?

Also, how much VRAM do you have?

Check your console for errors. If you dont use textures that could be missing its very likely a compile error of the shader. It might give you a hint on what caused it.

Maximum memory capacity 1536 MB

1 Like

Yup, that might be the cause of the issue.

I checked that When I connect 2 noise texture to bump Everything works. But when I connect 3 noise texture, it turns out to be a purple texture

kinda strange, but I did not change anything and it all worked

Hum, this is generally what append when we exceed GPU capacity, but in general this need more textures to get to this point, but it might be just that your GPU start to ask for a quiet retirement, doing simple things like fishing and watching TV…

I can see well without any problems with the results.

There may be a problem with the blender version you are using, so check to see if there are any updates.

If you’re using a low-spec GPU, the lower version of the blender will be stable. Test it :thinking:

if you have a max capacity of 1.5gb on VRAM on your card, then it might be the issue, when I open your scene

You can see that the details indicated on bottom right of the window say VRAM: 2.5 / 6.0 GB

** That is on my 4k monitor, on my 1080 monitor it’s 2.2 / 6 GB (but it’s also probably that high because of the multiple displays the gpu is running, but seems like the scene is definitely exceeding 1.5gb either way

I think the VRAM occupancy ratio depends on the overall VRAM ratio of the GPU. (I’m 0.5gb)

1 Like

My laptop GPU has 2GB, and I’ve worked with a lot more complicated shader node setups. They work slow, but at least don’t crash/give errors like this. Is it possible, you have a material override set in render settings?

The only other issue I can think of is missing/corrupt date as blender defaults to purple for missing textures. So maybe something similar is going on.

Try hitting ctrl+A on the object and apply all transformations. Also see the output of your node setup at each step, maybe it messes up at a certain node. You can try muting nodes with ‘m’ and check.