Can somebody kindly identify this music ?

@mohd.itqan

Thanks for deleting it, and also the reply for future deletions.

@hewi

Unfortunately I have only a Sony Ericsson phone (Java software) and a windows pc :frowning:

@arexma

Some service should at least consider “unusual” music as that’s the post problematic to identify.

@Phil_The_Rodent

Thanks for your extensive input. I’ll add Oceanic (hope I won’t get LOST :smiley: ) to my “to try” list. I guess I’ll just have to wait until I run into people who recognize or have it themselves.

@All

There are some other services that, again, I cannot use due to incompatible platform(s).
Could you kindly try them for me ? You’d have my most gratitude :slight_smile:

Tried audiotag.info myself without result.

EDIT:

The piece of music you can hear in this Married With Children clip (starts at 3:12) below is another favorite of mine that I’ve also heard in many ads, movies and other videos. There is always the possibility they are both from the same artist. Anyone knows who the artist of this one is ?

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5xND8Cq_q4

Al Bundy - That’s “Chariots of Fire” from Vangelis. You can tell he’s cool because he smokes while he plays the piano, and it’s 1982. Sarcasm.

@3dmedieval

Phil_The_Rodent mentioned this Vangelis, and imagine I thought of the same artist but without knowing his name. Darn, so the song I’m after still remains a mystery. Thanks for the “Chariots of Fire” linky though :slight_smile:

EDIT:

OMFG, I thank both Phil_The_Rodent and 3dmedieval since I’m playing “Youtubes mix for Vangelis”, and now stumbled upon “Hymne” one of my absolute favorites, again also from ads and other stuff. I love this, thanks again !!!

I don’t know this song clearly! Any answers?

I can’t believe how much traction an easy 80’s new age music thread is getting…

That last one is definately Vangelis, Chariots of Fire.

Can’t download the original one (post 1) for some reason. I just get a 460k file that won’t play.

BTW, Vangelis wrote the soundtrack for Blade Runner. :smiley:

@FunkyWyrm

The file should be only 412 kB, and I have no idea why it wont play for you. What OS are you on and what player are you using ?
But anyway, I have uploaded it megaupload contained in a zip file just in case…

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A61TMD8V

@3dmedieval

The simple melodies are the best ones :slight_smile:
There are quite a number of them I hear from time to time in ads, even today. I wish I had the determination to “ambush” them and try to identify them like I’m right now with this unresolved one.

i heard it the first time I knew strait away lol. I jsut wanted to see how long this would TAKE!
1 page + comment. wow. I am not even 20 and I could point out that song straight away.

Geez guys step up you 80’s music knowledge!

@Wefyb

Don’t just put salt on my wound, mix it with poison first :rolleyes:

Chariots of Fire was the first piece of music I ever played. I played it by ear, from my memory of the trailer which was on TV at the time (obviously this pretty much precisely dates me). I’ve been doing music since.

That said, here’s some AHA.

i think i have it somewhere in a hollywood movie music book i had for my saxophone (unfortunately i don’t know where the book is:().

Geez guys step up you 80’s music knowledge!

i was born in the early 90’s and only remember the later parts of the 90’s. of course i’m not gonna know what music is from the 80’s:D.

cause we wanne know who this song is from … and don’t easily quit, I think that’s a blenderer trait I guess

As I said, I am not even twenty ( 2011 < a + 20 ) Thus concluding that ( 1991 < a ) I was born in the nineties aswell :wink:

In Wefyb’s case, a mistrait :stuck_out_tongue:

Geez, I feel old. I was born a decade before “Chariots of fire”…February 1973. Funky decade.

Oh, the nineties where terrible.

“There was a gas shortage and a flock of seagulls. That’s about it.” - Austin Powers.

But seriously, I think now is the worst age for music. Just to clarify my point, here is a list. Gain your own conclusions from it.

Autotune, Rebecca Black, Justin Bieber, 50 Cent and (last but not least)…Chris Brown.

I think I may have just summed it all up quite neatly there…

What you are seeing now is because of the 2000s, when we saw the death of artist development. Corporate mergers with the six sisters created a corporate philosophy of immediate sales over long term development. And, it’s a non-sustaining approach. Since then, 50% of the industry has folded, and will probably completely die in a relatively short time.

That said, music will not, and those who are outside the industry bemoaning its inevitable collapse aren’t taking into consideration that we, as a species, have been playing music since before our species could talk to one another.

Bumping the thread and my original question with a nice excuse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThDBf14qPsc :slight_smile:

@Phil_The_Rodent

Agree especially with your last paragraph :yes:

chariots of fire is not new age music, it belongs in the catagory of sound tracks. it actually became a chart topping hit back in the 80s btw, when the movie ‘chariots of fire’ came out.

I think I’ll go run on the beach. Don’t know why…just had a feeling I should…maybe at sunset…with some guys in t-shirts…slowly…very slowly.