Can someone explain me how to separate Background, Foreground and characters in Rendering?

So, I’ve been reading the documentation for Blender 2.79 That talks about various ways to optimize scenes for rendering to speed up render times. Sadly, none of them are explained properly and I can’t find video information on anything regarding this. Link: https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/2.79/render/blender_render/optimizations/performance.html#

It says this in one of the parts:

" If the camera is not moving, then neither is the background: only a single frame is needed. (The same is true of any non-moving object within the frame). These individual elements, having been generated once, can be reused as many times as necessary over as many frames as necessary."

I want to do this, because managing noise for animation in unbearable in Blender specially in interior scenes. I also continuously run into GPU out of memory issues and 20min+ long render times per frame even tho I have a RTX3060 TI.

So I prepared a little scene that I can learn with.

It has a simple room, lights, static objects with various materials and one single icosphere that is moving across the room.

The objective here, is to separate the objects that will not move from the moving one. The camera is always static and not meant to move, instead I want to render the background and all static objects once, instead of every frame and then composite it back with he moving object.

I would really appreciate if someone could break down this workflow for me.

Blend:
Layer Test.blend (1.1 MB)

There are a few breakdowns available to you.
A general view: Render Layers separately.

Cryptomatte is also worth knowing how to use.

That makes enough to look at to get up to speed.
Robert

This does not help.

It doesn’t seem to be solved simply by extracting moving objects from the scene.

There should also be a solution to reflections and shadows.

At the moment, I don’t know what kind of problems are expected.
However, it seems necessary to separate reflection+shadow+moving objects, render them, and synthesize them.

The video is a reference, but it’s not a perfect solution.