Can someone explain texle density and UDIMS to me?

So I’ve been working on my first moderately complex project and it has a couple of different components of differing sizes and shapes. After applying a 2k UV tiling texture to all my meshes and unwrapping everything, I noticed the UV tiling texture I applied varies greatly in density from larger meshes to smaller ones. Some meshes have bigger but fewer UV squares while smaller meshes just have a shit ton of tiny squares. This is despite the fact that I applied the same texture using the same resolution to all my meshes.

It looks like this:

Apparently my texel density is off, but I don’t fully understand how I can fix that. Apparently I need some add-ons?

Is this also an instance where maybe using something like UDIMS would be a good call? My UV map is looking a little chaotic.

Texel density is just the scale that pixels will appear on the surface of your model. To get an even density, select the offending geometry, and in the UV editor scale it up or down until the density matches the rest of the model.

Udims are something I’ve recently gotten into, and rather than trying to type out a whole explanation, I’ll just link you to a really helpful video for me.

@Indecom4000 Thanks! That was pretty succinct and I tried your advice. However when I scaled up or down for a certain mesh, I would either go out of the bounds of the UV map or leave a ton of space left over. Is this a problem? Or can I get away with it?