Can someone please help me?-

I need help with modeling hands, and maybe help with textures. I’m developing Sonic 360, a Sonic fangame with high speed and lots of wall and ceiling running. It was originally on Dreams for the PS4/5, but I wasn’t satisfied with the limits of the engine, so I moved to Godot, and I’m making models in Blender. I have modeled almost all of Sonic. I can model the main characters fine (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Cream, Shadow, and Rouge), but I can’t model hands and I’m not really good at retopo. If anyone wants to help, please reach out.

Basically, I’m a solo game developer working on Sonic 360, made on Godot, for the PC. I have been trying to find modelers, but to no avail. It was developed on Dreams for the PS4/5 but I canned it and moved. I only have a WIP Sonic model (I’m stuck on what to do next) and a ring. Please help!

Welcome :tada:

And then: so you wanna be a game developer and modler and has one WIP characterthink again… maybe you need to get some experience in something simpler ??

You do not need only some experience about blender, godot, some image editor, some sound editor… but also some more general techiques to use this… so: knowledge about the principles of video games in general.

Maybe even starting to get some experience while participating in other people projects… ???

You may have to elaborate this to get a more suited answer.

1 Like

First: Think about this… you are asking for “more” help within one day and now you got also… a torus …

It seems you are a bit overhasty… good models need some time… theyself and to be able to make some even more. And we are not talking of any game yet…

additionally: you might tell the community what you already know or had done… so they can estimate this abit more…

You essentially want help in… everything else than tmodeling the body ?? ( from you first post):

Extending the functionality of a professional game ( from you first post):

…isn’t that easy. It’s actually more work than the original game was… ( except concept design… this is already “published” in the original ).

Again:
Every apprentice doesn’t start with making a masterpiece… in fact they start with something very simple… for example in every wood or metal craft: making some “rectangualr” object…

I don’t think you understand.

I have been working on this for around 4 years (the concept as a whole, not the modeling process). I started modeling via Blender around 2 weeks ago. I have not been able to find people who can help me at all.

However, I have experience with “making models” as I’ve been working on Dreams for the PS4, essentially a better LittleBigPlanet. I’m slowly learning how to model (on Blender) via tutorials, and I already have a “team” (concept artists, OST makers), but I do not have people who could aid me in modeling. I’m going to be programming myself, as I’m not going to sit lazily doing absolutely nothing on my own fangame.

I’ve made the model by myself so far over the course of a few days, and all that needs to be done is retopo and rigging (eyes, textures, I can do fine). When it comes to modeling, I’m asking for help on the hands. Just the hands. I can do stuff like objects and complete the rest of the Sonic rig. I’m not bragging about me making a Ring in 1 minute, because it isn’t rocket science to Shift + A and add a torus, and I do not want to rush on any of my models. Yes, I do fully know it will take months, possibly years before I get to the programming phase of my project. But I am doing this out of passion, and I know patience is key. I just want another hand when it comes to modeling. It isn’t being “overhasty…”, it’s wanting to speed up the process a little more, and who wouldn’t when you know you could get someone to help?

Modeling comes natural to me, since I’m already experienced in lots of other forms of art.

1 Like

…then you just may tell something about this and your team?? You question and “presentation” doesn’t suggest any of this…

That might be the reason why nobody is answering you and you can not find someone… :person_shrugging:

Good luck.

I do not get what you’re trying to say. I don’t know if it’s the wording, but your point isn’t clear at all.

However, I’m starting to see that it appears as if you’re “upset” because I’m asking for (minor) help on the modeling phase of my game, and, because of me not being able to do it all by myself, I’m “overhasty”.

If you’re going to criticize me for asking for help, at the very least make your point understandable.

2 Likes

I can help you model it

[email protected]

I am actually not that cost…

You can learn basic modelling skills in a few months if you put a lot of effort into it (I’ve seen it happen(it took me personally way longer though))and get quite good at it in a year or two. Most people who are not completely new to 3d can do modelling just fine. You do not seem to be there yet. It seems like you are quite new to this and do not have many useful skills for the task you want to achieve yet so you are in fact asking for someone to do all the work for you. This will probably not be taken very seriously by anybody. It would be better to not rush with it this much. Just learn modelling if you are doing it out of passion. It’s quite enjoyable and satisfying thing to do(at least it certainly can be).

This makes little sense. The specific form of the stylised character does not require any workflow with retopology. This can just be modelled right from the start. It would be very unusual to model something like this in a way that requires retopology. I mean whatever works, if somebody does that and it works, well good for them, whatever works, but to hear this from a beginner is a bit suspicious and I would take it as a sign that something is very off here. I also don’t see many people who can do texturing just fine without having modelling skills, so I just simply don’t believe that.

So this is some feedback. It’s a bit harsh, I know, but it really doesn’t seem you know what you are talking about. Yet, anyway. I think best thing to do would be concentrating on getting the skills you currently lack. I know I don’t sound particularly friendly at the moment, but I am trying to help. So what I would advise is use this community for help with learning modelling instead of asking for someone to just do it for you. You will often get very good help and guidance if you ask specific questions about something you are struggling with while learning. Specific is an important keyword here as well. Describe your goals in detail and provide as much context as possible if you ask for help, provide pictures of what you have as well as examples of what your goal is. At the moment your request is quite vague so even if someone would like to help you, they probably don’t know what kind of help you need from what little you have said…

P.S. Also since I already let my self be quite harsh here… The title " Can someone please help me?-" is just absolutely the worst of the worst it can be :smiley: . It’s a completely terrible idea. It means absolutely nothing. Don’t use titles like that. Just summarise what your posts are about in the titles. That is useful, because it will attract the attention of people who might be able to help with the specific issue you have or might be interested in talking about the specific subject.

About the retopology part, I’m vaguely following a tutorial, and the tutorial in question requires retopo. I’m not new to working in a 3d space, so modeling comes naturally.

I do fully get what 'ya mean, though; I absolutely do not know all of the tools required for large scale projects, such as this one. I would have assumed to know what I’m talking about because, again, I’m vaguely going off of a how to model Sonic tutorial (doing it in my own style, though). But retopology is a big step in the video. It’s talked about frequently in the tutorials, but it’s a bit outdated, by a year to be exact. Maybe you do not require retopology for Sonic anymore? But I’m going off of the slightly outdated video in question, so sorry if I sound a bit confused.

By any chance, do you have a Discord account?

1 Like

If you have the basic of modelling then download the front view and side view of sonic and follow it for modelling…

1 Like

Nope only email and whatsapp

1 Like

Thats fine! I’ll message you via email then

1 Like

You are not replying my emails again…