Can someone review my work so far, please ? I need another set of eye to see what I can't my 3D mesh

So, a few weeks back, I’ve started playing Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia on Nintendo DS game and wondered how could the gameplay be actualized for today’s consoles.

So I’ve opened Blender and started 3D modelling a “stylized” spinning top prop for a 3D game.

Before moving to UV unwrapping and texturing, I would like to know if I made any beginner mistake and learn more.

Disque de capture - Review.blend (1.1 MB)

The only thing i can think of: the inner and outer part “overlap”… this may (or not) lead to some problems when using this for example in some gam engines (again or not)… you should at least be aware of this when you continue…

…also: you do have bevel weights… but do not use them… (??)

The Bevel weight is just a remain. It was use with a Bevel modifier.

What do you mean by “overlap” ? How the meshes “clips” into each other ?

Yes… the clipping… usually the geometry “connects”…even when the parts are separet ( :wink: if this makes sense…).

I think I get what you mean. But there’s a reason I don’t “connect” the parts. It’s because of the Bevels.

At first, I tried to make my mesh one whole object, but I’ve encountered some shader artifacts due to the bevels. I tried a few tricks I’ve learned from past experiments and other side projects. While it resolved the artifact problem, I was left with too much pinching, which I, currently, don’t understand how to resolve.

That’s why I’ve decided to make my mesh in parts, because the bevel won’t cause any artifact or pinching.

So, the way I see it, If I tried to “connect” the parts, that would mean to add vertices where there’s bevels and I would be near back to square 1 when I was trying to do my object in a single mesh.