Can someone tell me how to create this table?

I am trying to recreate this AI image I created for a new show I am working on, and the taper tool doesn’t make the table curved like this one.

Thanks if anyone knows how to do this.

Something like this?

Make a circle, hit NUM1 to go to the front row view, switch to the Edit Mode and do a couple of extrudes using S to make some of the parts wider. See below:

Then just add a subdivision modifier with 2/3 iterations and you’re good to go.

Using 2.79 hotkeys, also on phone or I would add images.

Add a cylinder

Scale the top face so it looks like an upside down cone. S

add an edge loop to the middle. Ctrl+r

Scale down the edge loop. S

Bevel the edge loop. Ctrl+b + scroll up to add loops

Curve and Screw modifiers are also available. Do it in a familiar way. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you all for the quick replies. I am trying now.

I didn’t get as close as I wanted, but the method suggested by LordOdin is what got me the closest. I just wanted to post my result.

This is actually rendered in Omniverse because I know it much better than Blender.

Thanks again everyone.

Its easier to use less faces and edgeloops and let the subdivision surfacemodifier do the smoothing. Here’s a cylinder with some creased edges.

2 Likes

The outcome of this method, and it only takes 10 seconds to achieve.

What are you doing at the 12 second mark?

Thank you

Bevel (ctrl B) he uses hot keys, but there are the bevel options in the popup at the bottom left.

I couldn’t get the Bevel to work, or I didn’t now how to use it from hot keys.

I will try again when I get off work.

Thanks

My post above says all the hotkeys, the scrolling up might be the part you are missing (that’s how you add more loops to the bevel)

1 Like

I know how to use the loops. Its the bevel that nothing happens when I hit control + b.

Why not try oo_1942’s method? You don’t have to use curves as the screw modifier works with vertices as well. It’s also easy to modify the shape.

Table.blend (926.9 KB)

Hit Ctrl B then drag your mouse out a bit, the bevel should appear, once it does you can either use the key shortcuts or left click to open the popup dialog at the bottom left to see the options as in my screenshot.

oo_1942Kim’s method is less destructive and you can tweak at any time afterwards.

I don’t know how to use the Screw control from what he described. I will try again later when I get time.

The problem with doing the bevel like this is that you may end with a false shaped curve again. Using a modifier is nondestructive you can simply modify the middle edgeloop until its curved the way you like.

It’s pretty basic actually. The center of the object is the origin, you basically make the shape you want on one axis and then add the screw modifier.