Can we get iOS favicon support?

Pinning the app on the homescreen as a webapp produces this ugly icon. Would be nice to have it pretty :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thisā€¦ is interestingā€¦

1 Like

This is a good service tho. Been using it many times

Those are surprisingly bad results.

That is our logo though :slight_smile: What do you suggest?

2 Likes

I think heā€™s suggested to stretch out the logo to the size of an iOS icon. I did that exactly via the link OkiDoki has dropped above.

The only thing about it, I did that for simple html website or for WordPress ones. Not sure if itā€™s gonna work for discourse as well.

Hereā€™s the recommendations for faviconā€™s size:

I think itā€™s some kind of hilarious after already using different size variations for a logo/favicon from 16x16 up to 512x512ā€¦ that some ā€œvendorsā€ recommend any other inbetween sizesā€¦

Whatā€™s nextā€¦ pay for a license to use you own logo in some weird 187x134 size ???

( Wellā€¦ someone has a patent on some special rounded edgesā€¦ )

Following platform and context guidelines. With iOS, for starters, the icon needs to be full bleed. Since Iā€™m likely the only one complaining about this I can provide the icon and design file if you send me the logo svg.

1 Like

Iā€™m not personally affected by this as I donā€™t pin sites on my home screen. But I canā€™t stretch the importance enough ā€¦ of not stretching the logo!

Perhaps I butchered the identity guidelines but hereā€™s an option.

@bartv any news on this?

I donā€™t have the SVG, Iā€™m afraid. BA is such an old project that these have gone missing :-/ I imagine itā€™s not that hard to recreate though?

https://www.adobe.com/express/feature/image/convert/jpg-to-svg

Feel free to try - in my experience these tools require manual cleaning up afterwards.

This is not a priority issue on my list; Iā€™m happy to update the favicon if someone provides it, but Iā€™m not going to spend time or monay into recreating the logo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Send me a fav in DM

I wouldnā€™t mind, Iā€™ll see what I can do this week. Do you still have the font? Or can the wordmark be updated too for you?

I played with an old file from this thread:

from @ThomasKole usnig subdiv and some edge crease:

and the b converted to curve:

ā€¦would this be sufficent ??

Hey @bartv, personally I am not in need of this favicon thing at all, but Im teaching my son currently a bit designer and so we decided to recreate it. He did the most of it, I made some final tweaks. :slightly_smiling_face: Its done manually, so its quite optimized.Hereā€™s a comparison of the png logo and the vector version. I could share the svg as is, if thereā€™s some interest in it, so you could turn it into a favicon or whatever you want.

2 Likes