Can you finish VBSP for this opensource 3d engine?

Some time ago a developer by the nomm de gurre CloudWalk took a stab at
impelmenting Valve BSP (VBSP), aka halflife2 BSP map loading in this engine.
He failed, gave up, and had a mental break down.
It has been 4 years since.

He failed at the load faces stage.
Completely failed.
But we, have never tried.
He went insane and has never ever recovered from this crippling deficiency.
He’s gone.

The code commit says it crashes. We believe that code commit.

But you’re here.
Is it impossible to add a map format to this game?
No. We’ve done it before (Wolfenstine:EnemyTerritory).
Is it easy?
No.
Is it very hard.

Yes.
VBSP?
Even more so by many bounds.

So we ported his code over to this version of the engine.
model_brush.c
Mod_VBSP_Load();

If you’d oblige.

Code: https://sourceforge.net/p/chaosesqueanthology/code-vbsp_attempt_engine/ci/master/tree/

It’s very hard, that’s why I’m asking. But the guy who tried got 2/3rds of the code done. Even got alot of the face code done (3d formats have to import both vertex and face data, vertex first, then face). He quit tho and hasn’t touched the code for 4 years.

I myself have done a map format: wolfenstine:enemyterritory, for this engine. So I know how hard it is. So that’s why I ask.

This isn’t fking spam. I’ve made 100s of 3d models in blender and opensourced ALL OF THEM. I am asking for some programming help.

The Code: https://sourceforge.net/p/chaosesqueanthology/code-vbsp_attempt_engine/ci/master/tree/

Look. Why is it that you just attack me? Any place I post the code I get flagged and attacked by Zoomer people. It wasn’t like this when millenials and boomers ran opensource. Now you just relentlessly and silently attack us and ban us and flag every fking thing we do.

Zoomers never do even one line of valuable code ever. They’re all in it for the money and only the money. And they ban and seek the firing of any millenial and boomer that they can. Just like they flagged this post as “spam” when I was asking for opensource programming help ontopic about game engine.

I’m just curious about what made this post flagged. What did it has or made to get flagged?
I’ve seen people throwing hate because UPBGE don’t run as good as other game engines, also some people demanding UPBGE to run on their PC because the support on their configuration is not yet as good, as if they were paying the development, and also I’ve seen people demanding help, but not offering details to get helped and getting mad because they don’t get help.
To me, this post was asking for help to develop a feature, but I would like to know why this post was hidden.
Maybe a mod can tell us exactly what was wrong to avoid doing it.

This poster has a history here.

1 Like