Can't Access www.Blender.nl

My Alpha Linux computer is not able to access http://www.Blender.nl I get a no connection. Is anyone else getting this and if so do you know if this is the final death of Blender?

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

P.S. Sad Sad Day!!!

Damn… it’s down on this end too… even the http://www.blender3d.com

I wonder what this means… ;(

Jason

Routing problems?
Power failure?
Rats chewing cables?
Sunspots?

:frowning:

Stefano

Hi MatrixNAN,

same for me!

tried on windows and then unix,

I had no luck with ether!

dale:)

I discovered it last night and can’t seem neither access at all too…

wonder what will happen now ?

ztonzy

I hope that this isn’t a case of their web domain name registration merely expiring. That could bring in a host of “domain squatters” that create a fake “search engine” page littered with adverts on it. (Ultimate Search, Inc.) I am unable to cite websites as examples, though.

I also hope that they didn’t simply disappear. … That’s the worst-case scenario.

:frowning:

Yeah I tried http://www.Blender3d.com too and it was down. I actually first discovered it last night too and I was hoping today it would come back. I am more than a little scared at this point. I really want them to survive. I am going over to MAYA but there is some stuff in Maya that I am not happy about. Like you can not create a hot-key for Duplicate->Linked Objects. The MEL looks real easy its just straight up C++. I am also finding modeling in Maya to be alot slower than Blender because I have to keep using Graphical Menus and I am a Hot-Key only kind of Guy. Oh well! I really wish Light Wave was avaible for Linux.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

I guess my biggest fear is that NAN had there internet Assets Seized also before they could even make a statement and its all over. That or they have Sold Blender to another company which really scares me also.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

Bof,

you are too on your nerves. There is
plenty of routing problems all over the world, they may just have some hardware failure up there.

I hope,
at least :slight_smile:

Stefano

Well I know that Europes network connections are nothing like the US so maybe but the fact that Blender is on the ropes is what is making me very skeptical. I know Blender’s site has been down before but it was usally only for remodeling the site when they were about to post some information on the main pages or remodeling the entire look of the NAN site. Maybe that is the case starting to think about it.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

Domain name blender3d.com is still active ( Expire in 2004 ) ans the owner is ton rosendaal. I send mail at [email protected] and no error occured. May be big lifting on the site or displace computers?
Can’t say more…

MM

May be big lifting on the site or displace computers?
Can’t say more…

Displace computers? Creditors are distraining NaN hardware to sell it on an auction and get their money back ???
Just kidding (I hope)

Stefano

End of red alert…
Site just come back with more sections open.

Thank God!!! Whew!

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

finding modeling in Maya to be alot slower than Blender because I have to keep using Graphical Menus and I am a Hot-Key only kind of Guy.

From what I had gathered reading some maya forums every aspect of the program is accessible via hotkeys since the interface be totatlly redefined using MEL.