Can't figure out why these vertices are not in vertex group

Please look at pictures. I have removed doubles, flipped normals and turn off “deform” for control bone. Can anyone tell me how I can correct the problem shown?

Thanks.

Attachments

Check that they aren’t in more than one vertex group. If they are, then remove them from any unnecessary groups.

Richard,

Thanks for the response. I removed a few extra vertices from base of thumb vertex group. These were only possible extra vertices. It did not resolve the problem. It did make the problem more pronounced and symmetrical on each hand.

I deleted most of the mesh around the hand and reconstructed it. The sticking vertices problem is gone. I have a new problem now. Please review pictures. What would cause this? I checked the normals . . .

I’m assuming you have UVs set up. Have you checked them after remeshing the hand? Because you’ve deleted the geometry you originally used to make the UVs.

Is the crease in the hand supposed to be there?

No, the crease in the hand is not supposed to be there. My question is what caused it and how do I fix it? I don’t know what you mean by “you have UV’s set up”. Thanks for your efforts.

You should supply an example blend file that shows the problem so we can actually see what your mesh looks like.

One thing I see is that you have your armature modifier below the subsurf modifier. The bones are therefore animating the high res model rather then you smoothing the lower res animated mesh.

http://www.pasteall.org/blend/27376

Here is the file. I could not upload the compressed file. I did not know armature mod was suppose to be above subsurface. I moved it above multi-resolution also. Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Problems:

• UVs were messed up, as I suspected.
  • The crease was caused by the shape keys.

Solutions:

• Re-unwrap the UVs
  • I’ve fixed the shape keys for you (too difficult to explain)

Also, your mesh isn’t symmetrical. This may have unwanted consequences, but isn’t fatal to your project.

The gist of what I did with the shape keys was to replace your Basis shape key (which was causing problems) and then use blend groups to create replacements of existing shape keys.

Your UVs may need to be repositioned. You can use pinning (select UV vertices and press P-key; ALT+P to unpin) to help minimise repositioning.

.blend: http://www.pasteall.org/blend/27384

Thanks a ton. I truly appreciate your input. I have a bunch to learn about Blender.