Can't move camera anymore in edit mode

Noticed I wasn’t able to pan with Alt + middle mouse button anymore, clicked numpad . like the tutorials online suggested and now I can’t move or rotate either. I tried loading factory settings 5x times, didn’t work. I went into File >> User Preferences to change the keys, didn’t work. I’m at a lost here.

here’s my .blend file

By default, pan is shift+mmb. alt+mmb snaps to front/side/top/etc views.

1 Like

Do I change ViewPan in the settings to make it go back to normal? Even Shift+MMB isn’t working.

Interesting. It should work fine given that you loaded the factory settings. Maybe you are zoomed in to the limit, in which case panning becomes extremely sensitive? Try pressing “a” to select all and numpad “.” to frame selection.

Now it’s only slightly moving it to the right.

To clarify, do you mean that after framing the selection, it moves slightly when you shift+mmb pan? If that’s the case, then at least we know it’s responding to your input. Zoom out further with the scroll wheel or ctrl+mmb and see if that gains you move panning movement.

Beyond that, I’m not sure what to tell ya. :slight_smile:

I’ve had a similar problem, the navigation did not rotate in edit mode with MMb any more; looking at the info window, I saw that it was calling the mesh.rip_edge menu and deleted this shortcut in preferences>keymap; it now works as usual.