Can't rounded edge

Hi all, I was try using Blender 2 years ago and never touch it since I changed my job. I’m now back to modeling job and need to use Blender. it’s really frustrating to learn something you use to able to do but now forget everything.

I’m now facing problem with rounded edge. I try to round this edge using Bevel but it get a not properly result. Anyone please help point me what’s the problem.

Also, I have kind of the same issue when I try to offset edge to create the groove underneath the bottle by using Extrude > Scale. When I scale down edge loop I It pull some vertex with in. I fixed this problem by download and install offset edge add-on. But I want to know what’s the problem. Any suggest would help me very much.

Not sure about bevel, aside from the usual suspects:

• apply scale;
  • check for inverted normals.

…but this one might be caused by symmetry (top right corner). When working with geometry that has overlapping vertices (immediately after Extrude with no offset), symmetry gets confused and breaks.
Better to turn it off until overlap is resolved.

3 Likes

Hi Stray, Yes! It’s because the symmetry. It’s solve both the offset and bevel problem.

And It’s you again help answer my question. Really quick reply too. Thank you so much.

2 Likes