Cantharellus cibarius - based on Coliandrium's dracofungus artwork

Original artwork

This time, apart from sculpting and texturing, I did the rigging so that I could pose it sitting down.

I started with blocking the model.

Then, I sculpted each part. I decided to sculpt the creature standing as it is easier to sculpt and to rig.

I retopologized it, making the whole body into a single mesh, except the limb located on its back, the claws, the eyes and the tongue.

I hand-painted all the texture maps, including roughness, specular, ambient occlusion and bump map. The eyes has a little bit of glow.

The rig was mainly to pose it like the original artwork.

Hope you like it :slight_smile:


I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

Great design work!

Wow, looks so good! Great work!

Awesome idea and result !