Captain Marvel Sculpture

2019 - 21 March
“Captain Marvel” 3D sculpt by Yuditya Afandi.

Thumbnail

Studio/Client: Character, Sculpture
Software: Blender
Tasks:

• Modelling
  • Sculpting
    When: March 2019
    Comment:
    Sculpting exercise I did recently inspired from Captain Marvel movie.

Artstation link: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/rR0W2e

My website: https://yudit1999.wordpress.com/

Showcase video:

Thank you very much!

91 Likes

Amazing work!

1 Like

So, “Mister SHAZAM!”* is a girl now? Hmm… I haven’t been following the franchise …

1 Like

You’re #featured! :+1:

1 Like

Awesome stuff! I really love the layering with the clothes… it is so nice to look at, great work! The face is totally awesome too :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Looks like a perfect model.

1 Like

DC and Marvel comics have characters called captain marvel. In DC it is now called Shazam and it is a boy. IN DC it is Captain Marvel still and it is a girl. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did see it in Artstation too. Excellent work!

1 Like

Cheese Warning:This is the “Captiain Marvel” that I remember best … :smiley:

I guess this is what happens when spunky artists try to rip off somebody else’s super-heroes and then lawyers get involved. Who would have supposed that both Marvel Comics and DC Comics would wind up with very-different characters with exactly the same trade-name? :roll_eyes:

I guess both companies have tried to make at least a little of the money back, which they paid to all those lawywers, all those years ago.

2 Likes

Stunning work again!!! WEll done dude

1 Like

Really Incredible work!

1 Like

Amazing job. I wish you had modelled the whole body and on a T pose and neutral face so that she could be rigged and animated. Great work anyways.

1 Like

one of the few sculpting pieces approaching zbrush quality

1 Like

Superb modelling and sculpting.

1 Like

can you make a tutorial for us? at least about how you make the clothes and the details that you put in them, btw i guess the hair are curves or a subvided surface idk. 4 million verts its too much for this, why not try retopology and baking dude? obviously excelent work, but i was expecting more realism in the face just like brie larson´s face just like you did with your tony stark model.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Although the likeness to the DC-movie isn’t quite there . . . that in NO WAY takes away from the fact that this is superb work!! (Actually I like your version of her better than Brie Larson.) This is fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I love it, Great Job @Yudit1999!!

1 Like

Great work!

1 Like

Yuditya, I love your work! I hope you decide to provide mentorship someday, because I’m sure many of us would like to learn from you.

1 Like