Car window (Cycles)

Hi guys
I’m having problem achieving a realistic glass material for my car. It looks like there is not much light coming through the glass to lighten up the interior. I have also tried to make other shaders but i got similar results.

problem with reflection
try a simpler set up only glass and transp nodes

don’t see why you add another fresnel node while you already have it on the glass node !
and what is this image ?
that image at least should have alpha enable or it wont let any light though i think!

happy cycles

What is the nature of your image texture. Unless you are after a specific pattern - it seems like a strange way to mix nodes. You would have far better control over the transparency/tint of the glass if you used a numeric input.

If you do need to use the image texture - perhaps put a brightness/contrast node between the image and the fac slot - that way you will be able to tweak the mixing of the glass/tint without having to change the texture.

see pic
did a test with white background
so on Fac white is transparent other greyish or black are not

happy cycles

Mixing glass and transparency has always resulted in mud for me.
If you want to mix all these shaders - what a rendering liability! use refraction instead of glass. I kind of get what you are going for here but it seems too much - refraction + glossy should really do it. I am assuming the image is a gradient/blend something for the tint? Use a gradient texture instead, and use Fresnel to factor it in.

I hope that your windows are solid manifolds, or none of this is really meaningful…

Since everything inside is shadowed the is shadow ray is returning a 1 and just using the transparent shader AFAICT that’s why it’s not having an effect and the fresnel at 1.45 is really weighted to the transparent since the angle of the geometry is not that sharp…

Also the fresnel at top, when set at 5, is not doing anything, it’s just locked on the glossy shader.

So all this is giving one transparent and one glossy shader mix, blended according to unknown image. And that’s what I can see.
Would you agree?