Carcassonne Medieval city

Hi all !

Back there with some news on the project.
In 25 days i managed to do some little things even if blender has been lowly involved. :stuck_out_tongue:

1st of all a global rework of the project so that it is made of a loader and of multiple separate scenes for the medieval city various ages.
Next to this an also global rework for the UI. It is now simpler, clearer, more efficient and more user friendly.

Now that each scenes ( even if i have only one so far ) can be loaded/unloaded separately i made a shader/script effect ( with the write of a simple tween lib ) so that the come-in and out of the scenes are more sexy and nicer.
For this i discovered the geometry shader program.
My 1st word when i discovered this was: OH SH*T !!!
I somewhat regret i gotta continue this huge 3D medieval city project as i’d really want to dig in geometry shaders for the great fun they can give !
Possibilities are infinite and they are the only missing link in shaders for letting ppl doing absolutely crazy things :smiley:
hmmm lemme give you a lil view of the full scene come in ( and keep in mind this runs on an 6 years old android smartphone :stuck_out_tongue: )
resoolt2

Hope you like it :wink:

Now i have to reveal ( even if it’s not a revelation ) that the app is some kind of time machine, pushing the visitor in the past so that he can visit the old medieval city as it looked like in the past ) that it’s time for me to make a time capsule for time travels.

This is some UI made in unity and blender and also some meshes totally made in blender and animated in unity.
I want visual effects and sexy sounds that make the visitor say WOW !

my high age :stuck_out_tongue: and my culture pushes me towards pieces of art like H.G. Wells time machine, terminator, and other various sources of inspiration.
I tried to make an icosphere in blender, kill all faces and skin the segments…
This shows an interresting spherical cell immune to matter disorganization due to time travel :stuck_out_tongue:

spherical cage overheating and high power electricity also have to be part of the show !
( while the current scene unloads and the next scene loads :wink: )
just a spoil from U3D scene view :wink:

I’m on the way for this and i’m currently stuck with blender that don’t do what is intended :frowning:
Here’s the problem: Blender 2.92 not saving alpha values properly

I use postprocessing and i obviously should not :rofl:

digging again and again :slight_smile:

The app will soon be freely downloadable on my website as usual : www.kleioscope.fr

Thanks to all thos following me :kissing_closed_eyes:

And happy blending !

1 Like