Card puzzle game ( online / free ), parts made in Blender - custom backgrounds from splash screens

Hi there,

Here’s a link to a game I’m working on - it’s a Facebook game, it’ll work on mobile or desktop.

It doesn’t require much 3D but I used Blender to make earlier versions that had the board placed in a 3D environment, and also some icons ( before I found a UI template )

Icons_Animating

I recently added in support for custom board backgrounds, so this link will show some backgrounds from different Blender splash screens.

Note that the screens aren’t included in the main game, the custom link above streams them from an external ( Amazon S3 ) site, and only for that specific URL above.

Enjoy!

Awesome idea to use Blender of illustrations. I do this as well most of the times.

The game is programmed in HTML/Javascript? Also is there some guide or SDK to develop such games? Any tutorials you follow?

Hi @const,

The game is programmed in HTML/Javascript?

Yes, it’s also using WebGL for 3D elements.

Also is there some guide or SDK to develop such games? Any tutorials you follow?

I used PlayCanvas to develop this game, there are also other solutions for 2d ( such as PhaserJS ), and for 3D ( BablylonJS ) that will allow you to make games.

Very good, though I have never looked into such Facebook games the entire thing seems very interesting, in terms of networking platform etc.

I found some details here:
https://developers.facebook.com/docs/games/gameroom/build/

1 Like