Cartoon building

Hey, A lot of posts lately but… I feel inspired and do a beginning of every idea before I forget it. So this is the latest w.i.p.

I want to enter the BWC too, but for that, I still have no idea what to do for that.

Anyway, here it is

Attachments

Looks really good. Not sure about those things lining the footpath though.

I ma a big fun of cartoon style. This looks like a very promising start :slight_smile:

I love it! would also be cool if you played with the proportions on the trashcan and the mailbox. You must texture this!

I will definately texture this one… I’ll see what I can do with proportions and stuff, but basic modelling first. I’m wondering what more props I can put in it… I was thinking of a bench somewhere… anyway, I hope I’ll get time for an update today.

Daniel

hey,

I made a little (crappy) turnaround on the wires, I know the camera movement sucks, but never mind that.
Turnaround
Update is also coming, so later on.

Double post but uhm… here’s an update, I have a texturetest on the house… hope you all think it suits the style.

Attachments

Nice model, BleedForMe. I like the grainyness of the texture, but the two-tone nature seems off. I could see the different shades as an effect of weathering, but the positioning of the two shades just seems random, which throws off the effect. I’d go with either one or the other, or use an AO pass as a stencil to put the darker shade into the corners.

I really like the way the building leans out over the sidewalk, and the detailling. Sweet. :smiley: