Castle on a floating island

My first post in here… Did this for a CG challenge! Cycles render, took around 6 hrs for the render :blush:

7 Likes

amazing work here! the fantastical elements give off some neil gaiman vibes for me, and im loving the lighting you used. the render is very clear and detailed, so no wonder it took 6 hours! i wonder whats with the green grass blob on the upper-right; maybe you forgot to hide it?
regardless, i hope you win the challenge!

2 Likes

Thank you sir​:blush:… Rendering that frame on a friemd’s GTX 1050 took somewhat like 10 minutes -it’s my laptop that’s sooooo slow… If you are talking about the small floating island, (on the left I guess :hushed:), that was intentionally kept so as to give a feel of depth to the scene; the cloud infront of it is the only thing photoshopped :smiley::smiley:

Btw, the challenge is already over and the winner has been featured in this site (Image is titled Mysterious fish)…
Thanks!!

1 Like

This is brilliant. The lighting is so perfect. My only critique of it is the scale of the bridge. It makes the tree and castle look like miniatures.

Also, is the sky all created in Blender? It really looks amazing. So, so, so nice :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thank you for the positive feedback :grin:… The sky is an image actually, I’ve really worked a lot in lighting tho’
Ahh, the bridge’s scaling… I never realized that, thanks for pointing it out…
I’m glad you liked it :smile:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

A ton of thanks bartv… Means a lot to me :two_hearts:

1 Like

Looks like a game I would love to play.

1 Like