Castor

I decided to recreate an image from one of my sons books: Castor syr (sews).
I never ever do organic modeling so I was very pleasantly surprised with how shitty of a base model you can get away with if you just slap a ton of fur on it :smiley:

I’ll be adding some foam, add a ladle to the bucket, and perhaps do some more tweaking of the fur

My beautiful base model without fur :face_vomiting:

The original

7 Likes

:rofl:

This (your blender art) is really cute! Thanks for sharing this! :smiley:

1 Like

Added the ladle and tweaked the cloth material to make it seem more wet. Also some tweaks to skin and teeth.

Comparison

2 Likes

the story starting from the reference image is a happy fella being productive, and then in middle of that he suddenly stopped to say…OMG did i leave the oven on!!!
nice work…
i suggest you break the symmetry a bit even in such a pose. a slight head rotation difference in the arms. mouth expression more on one side to give more life to it

1 Like

lol. These are road kill around my home.

Nicely modeled.

1 Like

I absolutely LOVE this. I’d love to help with this project free of charge to improve on the sculpture of the beaver, if that’s alright!

Edit: Free of charge, of course. The idea is incredible and I LOVE beavers.

Thanks! :blush:

I do appreciate the offer, but I don’t have the time nor patience to place all those guide hairs and combing it again - I’ve already done it like 6 times trying to understand how hair/fur works in blender :sweat_smile:

But you can still sculpt your own beaver, and if you do, ping me here as I’d love to see it :slight_smile:

1 Like