Cat on the window

Hey everyone! Here is another illustration finished.

Not sure where the idea exactly come from, but my goal on this project was create a cat with nice looking fur and cats loves windows and sun, so here is the result.

Everything was done using Blender, Cycles and the Auto Eye. The tree used in this work was made by the creator winbrookhouse, so big thanks to him.

Hope you like it and feel free to ask anything. :slight_smile:

68 Likes

Great work! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beautiful image! I also like the books :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good work! Could you share some info on how you managed to do the fur on the cat?

1 Like

Thank you! Sure, what you want to know?

Sorry for replying late. But I wanted to know how you managed the material on the fur. Looks good!!

1 Like

I see this image as “a little abstract … an illustration …” and to my eye it works really well that way. Your choice of framing for the entire picture works very well. The spider is a nice touch, as is the imaginative titles for the books. “Yep, it’s all there.” :+1: Very nicely done.

1 Like

Lovely :blush:

1 Like

Very creative subtle messages with the book covers :smile:

I really love the composition and colors of this piece. This kind of sketch like framing is something I have never really seen used with 3D, but it’s a brilliant idea and I’m probably going to adapt it. As a smallest possible “complaint” I think the shading on the vase is to realistic compared to the rest of the piece. I’d have chosen a different specular highlight style.
But overall this is just gorgeous.

Are wall+wood textures procedural or pained?

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great week :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Pherion the hair was done using the Principled Hair, I’ve painted the base color with Vertex Paint and using the Hair Info node you can add more details to the fur.

@sundialsvc4 @zalefairytale thank you! :slight_smile:

@betalars thanks for the feedback! The wall it’s a noise texture from Blender and the wood it’s a texture from Poliigon mixed with some procedural texturing in Blender.

@bartv thank youu! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

You’re #featured! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Bart! :heart:

1 Like

Very nice, love it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It’s cute.I love cats <3

1 Like

This is beautiful! Some of the best hair/fur work I’ve seen in Blender. Great job!

1 Like

Nice scene with beautiful lighting…

1 Like

Absolutely gorgeous! Really love it. Only thing is I’m not sure about the white boarder, does it even need a boarder? Super cute picture though, a real inspiration!

1 Like

Like the style