Cathedral

Hi all!
Here’s a personal work, concept I did some time ago.
Blender, Zbrush. Rendered with eevee + some passes from Cycles.
Hope you like it :slight_smile:

eevee viewport screenshot:

49 Likes

Another cool scene, congrats.
Are you painting the fire by hand or using simulation ?

1 Like

Hey, which passes did you do in Cycles to improse on Eevee? I’ve actually never heard using this technique!

1 Like

Thank you!
Fire is added in photoshop. What you see in the screenshot is the final render that I took to photoshop for overpainting.

Hey, main render was done with eevee (screenshot above is final render) but I’ve used Cycles for AO pass - i think AO looks better in cycles, not so flat. I took my passes later to photoshop for assembling and overpainting.
I think it’s good to use both renderers - for example sometimes it’s better (and a lot faster!) to render volumes in eevee and everything else in cycles. This way you can get smooth volume pass in a matter of seconds/minutes .

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

wow, thanks!

I find that I can’t even use Cycles on my MacBook Pro – within a couple of minutes the cooling fan is on full power and shortly after that it will shut down for overtemp. But EEVEE produces marvelous renders in seconds.

The only thing that I – still – want to have back is the Blender Internal renderer as an option. Now that it has been “cleanly removed,” it should still be possible to give it a spit-shine and put it back.

Maybe try octane render for blender? I don’t know anything about macbooks but i guess you can check this octane build

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like