Challenge #1005 "An event booth YOU would spend time at" (23/09/22) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1005 for Friday 23th of September 2022 is:

An event booth YOU would spend time at

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Sep 26, 2022 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Green Booth
grafik
pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Booth as for prison cell :question: :smiley:

Possible translations for german

der Stand
    stand, state, status, level, booth, position
die Kabine
    cabin, car, booth, cubicle, stateroom, changing room
die Bude
    booth, stall, hut, digs, kiosk
die Hütte
    hut, cottage, cabin, lodge, shack, booth
die Nische
    niche, recess, alcove, booth
die Zelle
    cell, booth, box, cabin
das Separee
    booth
der Marktstand
    booth
das Abteil
    compartment

Oh, i see i missed the event :smiley:

Yeah that’s not the right translation. A booth is like a table with a banner in front of it like you’d see at a conference. Or it could be a small room with an opening to greet people to promote something or offer a service.

4 Likes

Exactly, a lot of the reference images I generated with Stable Diffusion have that same look. Everyone is welcome to use them:

3 Likes

Well, just looking for “event booth” on google will give you a broader idea of the diversity of structures you may encounter.

3 Likes

Well, i am a bit on the wrong track then, i have already a scene like a nerd convention room with a banner. :smiley:

I don’t go to any events like that so I might have to think out of the box(booth?)

1 Like

Colorful Diner Booth

Pure entry, made in Blender 3.3 Cycles.

4 Likes

Big Brain Convention
Pure, cycles 1024 samples, no denoise, rendertime <2min, all made in blender, textures are painted / prepared in gimp, obvious it needs more blood, but it is so much work, maybe i try sprinkle cacao on a sheet of paper and smear it with my fingers and finish it in gimp :smiley:

Didnt find time splatter more blood. Here is the .blendfile if you are interested in it.
booth_big_brains11.blend (656.3 KB)

8 Likes

Call - pure, cycles

May not be exactly as wanted, but it’s a booth and it was quite the event.

Restaurant sign and Telephone logo downloaded from internet and cleaned up in GIMP, the rest is pure.

2 Likes

Floating Plants

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 3.3.0

8 Likes

Pure, Non-Competing

7 Likes

Title: You’ll probably stay forever…

Pure. 3.3. Cycles. Starry Sky is a downloaded image.

2 Likes

The Grand Opening

Open, Cycles 64s, Blender 3.3

Most of the models and materials are upgraded ones from previous projects.

Mr Balloon Man (the character behind the desk) is opening his booth for the first time at the grand opening of the Sky Marketplace. The event: opening of the marketplace for the first time to the public. There is only one problem; there are no customers.

Here’s an overall shot of the deserted marketplace (not the entry, EEVEE 64s).

I’m trying to improve my skills and constructive feedback would be appreciated!

6 Likes

Ghostface Booth

Pure, Eevee, Blender 3.2

I’ve been watching a ton of that Scream MTV mini-series since they added it to Netflix, and it’s really got me thinking there’s no way I’d ever survive a slasher film. So in this particular instance, I’d end up spending time at this booth even if it’s not voluntarily :laughing:

Materials are all procedurals and vertex paint and everything was modeled from a couple of cubes for the scene. The concept comes from a Dead by Daylight meme that I can’t seem to find the original author of:

8 Likes

The Dave Chappelle Show : Who wouldn’t want to escape their busy and stressful lives for some mesmerizing moments of laughter? Laughing is quite the medicine to all your ongoing problems. Thus, even if you couldn’t get a seat inside the show(Show got packed), you’ll still be able to catch some Punch Lines spending time at the Entry Booth. :grin:

Pure, Cycles, Blender 3.2
Everything was freshly modelled for this Contest. Only the banner was imported as a plane.

5 Likes

Jump’n’Run Presentation Booth (Non-Competing)

Pure, Cycles

5 Likes

Welcome to BA, Aiman.

2 Likes

If everything but the stars image in the background is new, I’d call it pure. (But it is your decision. :-))
Btw: The astronaut on the right seems to have some trouble with his helmet. You might be able to save his life by adding a Solidify-Modifier to the glass parts. :slight_smile:

It is always great to have a little story going within the entry images. Not sure how this could be accomplished, but maybe you can find a way to make the lack of customers more visible. E.g. by adding some empty seats or crickets and tumbleweeds. :wink:

3 Likes