1 Like

You also make a bump on the golden ring of the saucer. :smiley:
Nice

2 Likes

PURE “tropical breeze”

Cycles 512s

13 Likes

Here’s my entry. Pure, cycles. A Special Treat

Well, it’s unique for me. I really should cut back. Doctor’s orders.

It took me a few weeks to learn to make a donut, but now I can make one in no time using the old one(s) as a reference. The hard part is making a realistic banana.

(My initial though with this challenge brought to mind monkey and Temple of Doom but nah, let’s at least keep this PG-14. )

13 Likes

Free Refills

Pure, Unless my crappy MS paint labels are too much lol

8 Likes

Kali Ma! Kali Ma! :wink:

2 Likes

Talking about Indy, drinking from the holy grail is also a unique refreshment, I guess :grin:

1 Like

#620 “Indiana Jones” (May 2015)

6 Likes

I don’t know, there’s a lot of awesome entries this time. Good luck to everyone, this is going to be a close one!

Wow, that’s a subtle detail, I’m surprised you noticed it! Thanks :smile:

Breakfast Time

Pure, Cycles 256s, 100% Blender 3.3

A morning smoothie similar to the one I had for lunch recently.

Bonus: Can you figure out what blender (the kitchen appliance) is represented? This was one of my first times modeling something form an actual object.

Super Bonus: Suzanne is hiding well in this one. Where is she?

Super Bonus Hint

She’s somewhere cold.

6 Likes

Humility is really important because it keeps you fresh and new.” - Steven Tyler

Skoal!

3 Likes

Even as atheist i know “It was wooden… wooden.” :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh, you are evil. :genuflect:

And now I go cry over your very pretty topology.

I am almost glad you didn’t come up with the concept yourself. It’s both so bad and so hilarious.

That iridescent shader is lovely. And thanks for adding some “how I made this” information; that’s always my favourite part on this site.

So many good entries this time!

3 Likes

Congrats to the roach :smiley: It has proven worthy to drink from it :+1:t2: :cup_with_straw: :cockroach:
@Helge, you mentioned you have been to Nova Scotia. I hope you had time for some treasure hunting :cowboy_hat_face:
TV told me that the holy grail, the Shakespeare manuscripts, and the ark of the covenant are buried on Oak Island.

2 Likes

Aha! I was wondering if anyone would notice. Is Spock your favorite Jedi too? And who shot first, Greedo or Zaphod?

Thanks, the topology was pretty difficult to keep clean. I ended up redoing the handle like six times trying to keep it clean and still have freedom to stylize the shape.

Honestly, I may have spent to much time worrying about beautiful topology that I didn’t really get the chance to focus on composition. My composition is quite lacking. I was considering modeling a spoon to go on the saucer next to the cup, and possibly a sugar bowl, but I decided it was time to move on and work on shading.

I guess that’s the fun of doing a challenge like this. Figuring out how to allocate your time and balance your workflow. Having a deadline helps stress test your workflow and try it out for real.

Next time I attempt a still life like this, I’ll start with a composition block before jumping into the modeling phase.

3 Likes

I agree it’s funny, but somewhat with a negative connotation since anything related to war is a sensitive matter.

2 Likes

I had some time to do just that. And after a few long hard hours of placer mining with a pan, I actually found some gold! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Woah, that’s actually a LOT of gold as far as panning goes! It’s like visible, and you can tell it isn’t just glitter!

3 Likes

These particles are more like flakes and the glass/water acts like a lens. :wink:
But I’m glad I found something at all.

2 Likes

Awesome! :smiley:

2 Likes