Challenge #1016 "Mini Machines" (09/12/22) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1016 for Friday 9th of December 2022 is:

Mini Machines

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Dec 12, 2022 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Small Stuff

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Remote Observation And Communications Hardware

link to animated version

Pure (I think) The floor texture and couch are from Polyhaven, but the robot is all new.

9 Likes

“Insectothopter”. Pure.

8 Likes

Spiderwriter

non competing (pure). Cycles, Blender 3.4.0

13 Likes

Rocket Skates (Non-competing)

Pure, Cycles
Doggo was up for a good chase… but didn’t expect the rocket skates :dog:

5 Likes

The Useless Box

Pure entry!

9 Likes

Before there were computer games, there was Scalextric.

And great fun it was too.
Tyres and headlights are from an old model and the background is a HDR. All the rest is new so I will call it pure, can soon change that if need be though.

8 Likes

Candy machine

Open

9 Likes

Childhood memories

Non-competing (Open)

Cycles, 4096 samples, old models repurposed. Graswald ($)

Playing with toy industrial equipment made children dream of a future where they could build that future. Trucks, dump trucks, bull dozers, graders, whatever. On hands and knees we built cities. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Here’s my entry - Pure, Cycles; I call it Unwanted Attention

it seems the secret to making a passable cat (for me) is poor lighting and out of focus.

8 Likes

the miniature SAILGATE aircraft machine

open

6 Likes

Ipad on a stand,
OPEN
Modeled in Maya and rendered with arnold

7 Likes

SMART WATER BOTTLE (Refined)

OPEN ENTRY

7 Likes

Heavy Duty Candy Hauler Model 1016

Non-competing, pure. Cycles, floor texture and HDRI from PolyHaven.

5 Likes

@Joash, @AJ21, @Julius_Caesar, @Shed:

Welcome on board!

One small request: Since you entered ‘open’ entries, it would be great if you could add a line or two describing what makes the entry open. In order to make voting as fair as possible, I’ll also add that description to the entry thread when I start the voting later today/tonight. Thx and have fun! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

#mini bots

10 Likes

Hi barca,

welcome to the show! Quick question: Is this an ‘open’ or a ‘pure’ entry? thx Helge

pure entry

1 Like

Nanites constructing Suzanne. Pure.

Inspired by Iron Man’s nano armour in the MCU.

I used the Shortest Edge Path node to find a path from every vertex on Suzanne to the starting point. Then I stored the total cost of that path in a vertex attribute and animated the shader to reveal based on that, and I rendered paths whose total cost matched the current frame’s value - to generate veins of nanites flowing to the part of the model being built. If I had more time I’d have animated the paths so they don’t just flash on and off.

To make the paths more angular I converted the mesh to a volume and back to a mesh - to give a voxel grid - then I generated the paths and projected them back onto the base mesh, so they keep the angles but sit on the surface correctly.

6 Likes