Challenge #1020 "Cliff Dwellings" (06/01/23) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1020 for Friday 6th of January 2023 is:

Cliff Dwellings

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Jan 9, 2023 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Shadow On The Wall

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Message from @md2000:

I’m partial to something like the Tiger’s Nest monastery in Bhutan, but it could be anything the name suggests from the Southwest USA native cliff dwellings to the cave houses of Loire or Cappadocia or the Greek monastery of Meteora. Or a castle atop a crag. Or an eagle’s nest. Or one of those mountain climber “sleep halfway up the cliff” things… Or whatever fantasy the artist can dream up, since this is the point of the challenge. I guess the less posted about clarification the better…

Gentlemen, start your (render) engines!

3 Likes

ok a simple mesa verde type pueblo cliff village at sunrise, nothing too fancy or time consuming since Im still doing sculptJanuary, but I havent done one of these in a while.

Pure: geo-nodes and sculpting with a rock alpha

6 Likes

‘Hillside Habitat’

Pure- I did use a few premade assets(trees and some rocks), but the main parts are all new so I think it counts.

8 Likes

Cubes by the Sea

Pure entry, blender 3.4 cycles.

5 Likes

Hanging Habitat

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 3.4.1

7 Likes

PURE “a cliff loneliness”

Cycles 256s

7 Likes

‘Cliff erosion’ Pure. Blender 3.3 Cycles

5 Likes

At first I didn’t grasp what your work depicts but it occurred to me that it’s a view of the cliff from above. Quite a mind-bender.

2 Likes

House Thrown at a Wall

This is the the first thing I thought of.
pure

5 Likes

Cliffside View

Pure, cycles, Blender 3.4.1

5 Likes

The concept was interesting to me, the execution of it a little tougher than I thought. I ended up accepting a bit of an abstract result. My brother didn’t get what it was.

What a cliff hanger!

2 Likes