Challenge #1025 "stay calm" (10/02/23) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1025 for Friday 10th of February 2023 is:

stay calm

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Feb 13, 2023 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Wave

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And Enjoy the Landing

Pure entry, blender 3.4 cycles.

3 Likes

Sunset Meditation (Non-competing)

Pure, Cycles, The tree is made with the Sapling Tree Generator.

5 Likes

Question: If I import figure from, say, Poser, into my Blender file, does that make it not pure, or does “not pure” refer only to post-production things?

1 Like

Pure entries should be made mostly using Blender, and mostly using new (created within the challenge’s time frame) models. So, external or pre-made models which are important for the entry, would probably make the entry open. Secondary objects, background models or slight post production don’t matter all that much. But ultimately, it’s the artist’s decision. Just try to keep things fair.

That being said: It’s perfectly fine to submit open entries. Last week’s winner was an open entry, for example. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Got it. Thanks!

1 Like

Here is my entry - Stay Calm

“No need to worry. We still have a stash somewhere, right?”

Pure, Cycles. The only outside element is the small bit of marble floor texture you can see, download from internet.

10 Likes

What’s It Gonna Be?

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 3.4.1

6 Likes

Pure…

5 Likes

I revised it a little.
“It Takes a Steady Hand”

Open. All blender, rendered in Cycles. All original modeling, except imported model of orange pliers and some textures.

4 Likes

Stay Calm, It’s just a storm in a teacup…

Pure.

HDRI from Polyhaven.

4 Likes

“You Weren’t Calm Enough”

Open - the characters are from Mixamo, everything else was built this weekend.

5 Likes

You would have thought that after traversing the vast distances of space the aliens would have found a way to defeat tin foil, but apparently no, it’s their one great weakness. So sit back, relax and watch the show unfold.

Open entry as there’s lots of my old models in this one.

5 Likes

Permanent self-control

Pure evee

2 Likes

Thing in the Mist. Pure.
Kind of interested in imagery of “The Electric State” after reading it. Playing around with that.

1 Like

Entry from @ArtemOn:

“Stay calm, everything is under control”

Pure, Cycles. Everything is made in blender, even the textures. I took only the poster from the Internet

2 Likes

boss call incoming…

open entry

4 Likes

Stay calm and vote! :slight_smile: