Challenge #1028 "In the Tunnel" (03/03/23) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1028 for Friday 3rd of March 2023 is:

In the Tunnel

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Mar 6, 2023 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Curve

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Minotaur (non-competing)

Pure, Eevee
“You shall not pass!”

4 Likes

Time Tunnel

Non-competing (Open)

Cycles, 4096 samples, all geometry/models are new, composited with Davinci Resolve Studio ($), video from Pixabay, sparks VFX Productioncrate ($)

One of the shows I loved to watch as a kid though already in syndication (actual run 1966-1967). Rendered in layers and composited with different filters in Davinci. Its been a while since I played with compositing and it was rough. I think I’ve forgotten 90% of what I learned in school.

9 Likes

M Anomaly

Pure

Details

Discombulator add on applied to a hollow cylinder interior.
Magnetic force on particles rendered as path. The paths appear when you bake the particles. Convert particles to mesh on modifiers tab. Convert to curve on Object menu and give thickness with bevel on the curve’s panel.
Enclosed in a cylinder with principled volume shader.
All of the light is emission from the magnetic curves.
Cycles 50 samples no denoise. I like this better with some noise.

6 Likes

Y’all get busy and post some competing entries.

1 Like

on my way …

1 Like

Tunnel vision

pure (256 samples, cycle, denoised)

After a bit of feedback, I realized, that it’s hard to see, that the tunnel is actually inside the eye. so I connected them more.

Previous Versions

6 Likes

PURE “underwater tunnel”

Cycles 4000s

13 Likes

Incoming Train

Pure entry, blender 3.4 cycles

4 Likes

Lunar Core Tunnel

non competing (open), Cycles, Blender 3.4.1
Open: Reused astronaut parts from #818 and #952.

10 Likes

“Escape tunnel”

non-competing, open, cycles, Blender 2.9

10 Likes

Here is my entry for this weekend called “The Tunnel”. Made in blender 3.4, cycles, 100 samples with denoise.

3 Likes

“Tall Corridor” Blender 3.4.1, Cycles

My contribution for the week. Pure! I could have done a little more with the lighting, but I’m still learning.

4 Likes

Here’s my Non-Compete entry -

Why We Got Rid Of The Caboose

Pure Cycles

4 Likes

My Open entry:

Cycles - 250 samples. The character is an old blender 2.4x character that I’ve worked on to update to 3.4. Everything else is my work.

Randy

4 Likes

Been a while!
Hope everyone is doing well!

Cycles, 200 samples.

Tunnel of Light

6 Likes

And at the end of the tunnel, there lies… the voting thread:

1 Like

On the challenge polls: I would prefer to see the number of votes each contestant has received instead of percentages that add up to 164%. Not important. This is an informal for fun contest. But that’s what I would prefer.

2 Likes

Absolute counts would be more intuitive, indeed. However, the bars would still look the same and we would still have more votes than voters (>100%). :wink:

Last time I checked, there was no way to set things up this way. And I think this still isn’t possible, which is why I’m always calculating the absolut votes from the percentages for the final result / winner post.

1 Like