Challenge #1032 "Improvement" (31/03/23) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1032 for Friday 31th of March 2023 is:

Improvement

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Apr 3, 2023 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Improvement

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

can explain more about the"improvement" topic means?
besides,i have no idea who should i send my work to after i have done my work?

Hi Emily, welcome on board!

Basically you can do whatever the theme (“improvement”) inspires you to do. For example, possible ideas could be home improvement, inventions, cyberpunk body parts, learning something new, a feature from yesterday’s Blender 3.5 release or any other improvement you can think of. :slight_smile:

Once your entry image is ready, just post it in this thread. (There is a small example in the starting post above.) In addition, you can always have a look at the entry threads from previous weeks.

If you have any other challenge or Blender related questions, feel free to ask. This thread is where the images are posted but it is also open for discussions and support.

Pure.

5 Likes

‘Training’

Pure

10 Likes

Slight Improvement

Non-competing (Open)

Cycles, 4096 samples, cloth physics, Graswald ($), Poliigon material ($), slight color correction with Paintshop Pro ($)

The M5E1 is a slight improvement to my wood slingshot but you can shoot bullets with either. lol

Modeled the gun several years ago for a cnc pattern.

6 Likes

Just as some trivia, Blender didn’t have bevel until Theeth, the former admin of the forum and host of the weekend challenge coded it, which doesn’t seem that long ago somehow…

3 Likes

Through a Digital Lens

Open entry, made in blender 3.4 cycles. I reused a model that I derived from my infamous Jane Doe challenge entry.

5 Likes

Room For Improvement

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 3.5.0

10 Likes

PURE “solar wind”

9 Likes

Gummy Bear Tree - it just does not grow in my garden.

non competing, open

9 Likes

Trailer Mansion (open) I used trees from Blenderkit.

This is something I actually saw in real life. A guy stuck three trailers together to make a trailer mansion! Not my best work, but I didn’t have much time to work on it.

11 Likes

Are that all bug splatters on the wall? Better burn it down :smiley:

1 Like

Improved Cube. Pure

5 Likes

Here’s my contribution - noncompete.

Except for Sorayama’s poster, pure…

7 Likes

Just in time

Open evee

9 Likes

Made me laugh, your entry. :joy:

Brilliant idea. Nicely done.

1 Like

Funny coincidence. I stumbled upon this tweet a minute ago:
https://twitter.com/NASA_Landsat/status/1642954595377750027

2 Likes

Good question. I’ll send someone to check it out. :wink:

As Hippocrates so eloquently put it:
“What medicines do not heal, the lance will; what the lance does not heal, fire will.”

1 Like