Challenge #1039 "supply depot" (19/05/23) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1039 for Friday 19th of May 2023 is:

supply depot

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, May 22, 2023 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Supplies

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Open. I made the structure, the lamps, the crates and the windows. Everything else is assets.

12 Likes

Preparing for the Zerg

Non-Competing (Open)

Cycles, 128 samples, landscape, NASA 8k milky way image, Productioncrate ($) smokey environment, Davinci Studio for compositing. Mech and spaceship from my personal library. Other geometry (supply depot) is new.

Brand new supply depot just starting up for glory of the Union of Terran.

8 Likes

Every Tool You’ll Ever Need / Hammer Time

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 3.5.1

Inspired by the Law of the instrument / Maslow’s hammer.

10 Likes

The Lost Depot: A Drone’s Adventure

Pure entry, Cycles, Blender 3.5.1

Tried my hands on a short animation. Basically everything relies on the use of geometry nodes and some simple models. Was fun playing around with them.

Uh what do I do if my video is to large?

7 Likes

Upload it to YouTube or Vimeo and paste the link.

3 Likes

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Office Supply Depot

Pure, Blender 3.5, Cycles 2000 samples

I reused the desk material and the train base mesh of the train paperweight, which was fed through geometry nodes to make it look 3d printed. If this is too much reuse, I can switch it to open. Everything else was poly modeled or curves.

5 Likes

New Body Depot

This scene was inspired by a Twilight Zone episode “The Trade-Ins”. Aging and frail bodies were exchanged for young and vibrant ones.

Open. The bodies were created in Make Human. The old couple is a photo. Everything else was modeled in Blender 3.5.1. Rendered in Cycles.

7 Likes

The Tire Shack

Pure entry, made in blender 3.5 cycles. The fist time I tried rendering the final version of my scene, all the tires had the subdivision surface levels to 3. to my surprise, this caused the render to take up all of my 32 Gigs of ram. Because blender was now using my SSD to render, it was going to take forever, after 3 hours of waiting and realizing it was only at 10%, I canceled the render and changed most of the of the levels to a level of 2.

4 Likes

Are you instancing the tires or did you duplicate them? If you did duplicate them I think that instancing them would require a lot less RAM.

2 Likes

Here’s my entry. Mesh Store

Cycles. Pure, except of course the Blender logo downloaded from the internet, and assorted signage done in MSPaint.

4 Likes

“Supplies? Not Anymore! :grin:

Pure

The crates and the filling material helped filling the scene and deliver the message.
With better textures the destruction and some decay could be more highlighted, but textures are not may strong side :-/

4 Likes

Voting is open! Please supply some votes. :slight_smile:

I’m glad someone made a StarCraft reference!

1 Like