• Pip
  • Tachtian
  • caz747
  • Manou
  • Broccolium
  • Cosmo_Wander
  • Trentle

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Jun 28, 2023 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:

Pure Entries

KDLynch: Stylized Backlit Luna Moth

Alex_Vainboim: Moth light

fcharr: Blending In

QR16: It has wings and it flies

RobUnderwood: Moths on the Porch

Pip: Into the Flames

Tachtian: Claudius MecMoth

Open Entries

caz747: Dark Moth

(Open entry as I used lots of old stuff and paid for plug-ins.)

Manou: Drinking moth

(I used Zbrush to sculpt and color model)

Broccolium: mofs

(Open reason: I reused the Suzanne clouds from ‘Sky Kitty’ with minor modifications.)

Cosmo_Wander: A good time

Trentle: Moth-In-Progress

(Open, the HDRI and tree branch are from Polyhaven)

Non-competing Entries

Manou: Statues

(Head sculpted in Zbrush, buildings made before, moths are made with a plugin !)

Helge: The Moth

im guessing it is because people get more than one vote but i think its pretty strange that the voting % numbers add up to 207% right now. no matter how many votes there are total the % should add up to 100. :woozy_face:

Indeed, looking at the sum of all individual percentages usually doesn’t make much sense with multi-punch questions. (Especially if the participants aren’t required to cast the same number of votes.)

However, it all makes sense when you look at the items individually. For each entry there is a value between 0 and 100%. In the end, this value answers the question: “How many voters would have liked this entry to win the challenge?”

That being said, I’d love to have absolute values instead of percentages, but this is the way Discourse handles the results. And as long as it gets the job done, I can live with that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i had a great time doing this challenge, looking forward to doing more of them. ive been blendering for several years but im self-teaching and am pretty bad about forcing myself to focus on it and when i do im kinda all over the place learning a touch of this and a touch of that, so my progress has been very slow. i was pretty amazed with myself that i did what i did for this challenge within the time frame. i kinda threw everything i had at it. modeling, sculpting, particles, volumetrics, depth of field, motion blur, bloom, procedural texturing nodes, hair, subsurface scattering, compositing… i had to look some things up but for the most part it all came back pretty easy. hoping these weekend challenges will keep me inspired to practice more consistently. Thanks for the learning opportunity!

4 Likes

You’re right, the challenge is a great opportunity for using Blender on small projects with a limited time frame. For me, this really helps with not getting entangled in details which can lead to not finishing a project at all. Being aware of the most important aspects of an entry and focusing on these parts before moving to the optional stuff can be crucial. And it is a very useful skill to have/train when tackling all kinds of ‘real’ projects. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@QR16 got my vote. I had the same idea and started a DH.82 Tiger Moth, but had to work my regular job all weekend so I wouldn’t of had time to finish to the level I wanted.

Well spoken!
Randy

2 Likes

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 1044 with votes from 34.8% of the voters is… Alex_Vainboim!
As we have a tie between entries (Alex_Vainboim, Pip), the earliest submitted entry wins.

Here’s to all the great participators…

Moth light

4 Likes

Next Challenge: