Challenge #1045 "Ribbons" (30/06/23) Entries CLOSED

Hair Ribbons

Pure, Blender 3.5, Cycles

4 Likes

Ribbons of light dancing across the night sky. Pure entry.

9 Likes

An End to the Printer Ribbon

Pure - Eevee + FreeStyle

Nice entries so far!

Randy

7 Likes

Made some changes.

Hair Ribbons

Pure, Blender 3.5, Cycles

I’m going to tell myself this is absolutely done and force myself to not look at it again, otherwise I’ll keep messing with it.

What is the preferred method for updating entries? Should I be editing my post instead of making a new one. I did that previously with a small change, but I felt like a bigger change warranted a new post.

4 Likes

in the challenge rules ( Welcome to the Weekend Challenges ) it mentions only the last image by a given poster is considered, the rest marked as ‘non-compete’ or somesuch. :slight_smile:

EDIT: well, hrmm
 I don’t see it there, but am positive i read that somewhere. :confused:

2 Likes

My entry is Wrap It Up

Pure, Cycles.

Interesting topic, but I had trouble coming up with an idea.

3 Likes

Not an entry, but my most recent finished project fits the theme perfectly:

7 Likes

Anyway, I also tried a new idea.

“Ribbons all the way down”

Pure

I had fun with the geometry nodes generating my ribbons. Had Not much time left for textures or background. :-/

4 Likes

You are right: “Only one entry per person is allowed. If multiple images are submitted, only the most recent will be used for voting.” :slight_smile:

Actually, I’m monitoring changes to all entry posts automatically. So, you can just replace the initial image by an updated one. If you keep the old versions within the post, just make sure to place the image you want to compete first, as this is the one my script will use when generating the voting list. (Before starting the voting thread, I’ll look through everything manually as well. But sometimes it can be easy to miss a few details.)

2 Likes

Thanks for explaining the inner workings, Helge. That clears things up. :slightly_smiling_face:

I do have reservations about updating the initial entry post with a later version with significant changes. Mainly, it has to do with likes on posts. If someone liked the first version, that doesn’t guarantee they’ll like later iterations.

I think I’ll make a new post if the change is significant, and update the initial post if it isn’t. I’ll also try my best to only make one entry post when I truly feel it’s done, rather than spam the thread.

1 Like

“Men will risk their lives, even die for ribbons.”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

But right now, casting one or two votes will be enough:

:slight_smile:

1 Like