Challenge #1045 "Ribbons" (30/06/23) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1045 for Friday 30th of June 2023 is:

Ribbons

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Jul 3, 2023 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Floating

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

hello, I have a question, if my picture contains nudity how do I post it ?

The face in the water looks up
she shakes her head
as if to say
this is the last time
you’ll look like today

1 Like

Blenderartists actually has a policy on this: FAQ (Work in Progress)

However, in the context of the Weekend Challenge this causes a few problems. If I’m not mistaken, tags can still only be added to entire topics/threads - and not to single images or posts. So, if there is an entry within the scope of the above rule, I’ll have to tag both the entry and voting thread “not save for work”, which will blur all images of all participants.
This is a little inconvenient, but for now, this seems to be the only thing we can do.

1 Like

A suggestion for nswf challenge entries. The artist posts a slightly censored version that does not require the tag in the challenge thread plus a link to another thread with the uncensored image. This avoids blurring the challenge thread but allows voters to see the real uncensored entry.

It would be good if Discourse changed the way nsfw works.

4 Likes

That’s actually a nice idea. In that case, I would just have to manually add the link to the full post into the voting thread - and that’s it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Soon as I read the lyrics I thought I know that. A quick search and there I am listening to one of the greatest ever Prog bands.

1 Like

Ok so I followed wjhat Splododyne suggested

“Eve”
open entry : model made from scratch in Zbrush, fractals shapes made with a plugin, Cycles render.

Link to unblurred version : https://blenderartists.org/t/eve/1471287

4 Likes

Sugary Ribbons

Pure entry.

https://www.rubyhex.com/0045.png ← full image

2d-ificated the geonodes i did based on the @tnsor tutorial about noise advection, and had fun ribbonizing them. hopefully you find this tasty. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Festive

Non-competitive, pure.

8 Likes

It presents another challenge- nudity isn’t allowed on the featured row, and the winner of the weekend challenge is added to the featured row, so entries with nudity can’t actually win. I’m not sure how you want to handle that possible situation- maybe the second place entry wins instead?

1 Like

I suspect that in this case @Fweeb would spare no expense to find a nice way to crop the winning entry image. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ribbons of Life

Pure
The background was empty and I was too lazy to fill it so I just blurred the image and put it behind itself lol.

7 Likes

That can be a nice time saver, indeed. Some time ago, I used the inside of a sphere with a mirror material for the background of this one. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Has a new rule been implemented that the topic must only be one word? “Ethereal”, “Bloom”, “Ember”, “Moth”, “Ribbon” :rofl:

1 Like

could have been Ethereal Blooming Embermoth Ribbon. :smiley:

2 Likes

Nice stuff so far everyone.

I instantly thought of fruit by the foot and fruit roll-ups when I saw yours, Kelly. Love the colours.

Here’s mine, just a block out as of now.

Ribbons In Hair

Pure, Blender 3.5, Cycles

2 Likes

In the summer in the desert

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 3.6.0

8 Likes

Pink hat

Pure entry. Everything made in Blender, only procedural textures.

Simple, but I had a lot of fun playing with the colors and lights on this one.

9 Likes

Stylish

Pure entry, made in blender 3.6 cycles. the ribbons became a bit of an afterthought compared to the character modeling part. I took a few peaks at my Riven Phoenix videos on Udemy.

4 Likes