Challenge #1054 "Private eye detective" (01/09/23) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1054 for Friday 1st of September 2023 is:

Private eye detective

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Sep 4, 2023 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Hidden

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

‘Uninvited’

Open- Ground and police tape texture are downloads.

11 Likes

I remember private eye, PI, and private investigator being used interchangeably. As for private eye detective, is this and eye detective who works in the private sector?

P.I. is the acronym of Private Investigator. Private “eye” is a play on words of the “i” in “investigator” and the fact that this person acts as an eye for the client.

2 Likes

No time to make an entry. The idea I had would either take forever to model or be nearly all stuff I didn’t make.

Idea: Film Noir style based on this (link). Paige gets a fedora hat and old fashioned hair style. She looks through window blinds into a rainy nighttime urban street. There a shadowy figure looks back. Which one is the PI? Or are PI’s watching each other? Title: Private Eyes

1 Like

Also could be a detective looking into the shady activities of a private eye I suppose… leave it to interpretation.
Agree many of the inspiration scenes would be a lot of time to realize. I saw one I wish I thought to do, but it would be too much time inside on a sunny weekend!
:slight_smile:

Open, non competing.
Opening Scene

7 Likes

Drowned donut
Pure, cycles 512samples, rendertime ~2min., optix denoised, all made in blender. Used blender logo and miniami373 logo for the cap texture. Used an HDRI from https://polyhaven.com/a/brown_photostudio_02

"The Baker News "
This morning at ‘Dunkin’ Donuts Inn’ a donut was found drowned in a plate of milk. Police chief Spencer Tilby says: “The victim identified as ‘Less Fat’ was forcefully pressed under milk to death with a spoon.” The police don’t think this is an victim from the ‘Breakfast Killer’ cause the murder has taken no bite of the victim. Normally the ‘Breakfast Killer’ chooses only donuts with a filling. But the autopsy will tell more. PI ‘Donut Mess’ a long friend of ‘Less Fat’ has stated he will make his own investigations to revenge the dead of his friend.

drowned_donut6.blend (760.9 KB)

9 Likes

Maybe a hidden clue in the amber?

pure, non competing

8 Likes

Wait until we see the other side of ‘Less Fat’. So far, I am not convinced!
I think, Donut Mess is onto something here…

That being said: Was it a coincidence that @rigoletto has been seen at all of the crime scenes?

Some context:

He also seems to know a LOT about donut anatomy. Suspicious…

3 Likes

Case #31415

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 3.6.2

9 Likes

No, everybody who knows me, knows i would not left a bite of an chocolate donut. Yeah, i might be drowning a fatless one but only in cacao milk. :smiley:

You missed the 3th victim :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The Rescuers - Looking for Penny

pure, cycles, Blender 3.6

I was thinking about some cartoonish detective stories and suddenly I remember the rescuers. I watched the second movie as a child :mouse:

13 Likes

The Office

Pure entry blender 3.6 cycles.

10 Likes

Um, non-competing, pure photoshop.

Sorries, couldn’t resist.

3 Likes

I cant get it, except the i.
I found @Helge ´s easter egg, but wheres yours :question:

1 Like

From a parallel Universe not far from here comes Dick Spanner.
I forgot all about this tv series until I started to look for ideas for this week’s challenge. It’s crazy but fun and has some of the corniest jokes ever.

Pure entry.

7 Likes

Private detective’s desk

I modeled the revolver months ago in Blender 3.4. All other objects are new and modeled in Blender 3.6. Rendered in Cycles. Pure

9 Likes

Title: Always the Cube

pure

6 Likes