Challenge #1056 "Escape Plan" (15/09/23) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1056 for Friday 15th of September 2023 is:

Escape Plan

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Sep 18, 2023 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Sly Ride

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A plan is needed to escape the glass maze.

This idea was based on an office I once worked in. Everyone had a cubicle. It was a maze of cubicles and navigating it was a nightmare. You could easily end up in another cubicle.

Pure. Blender 3.6. Rendered in Cycles.

20 Likes

or a big hammer. :smiley:

5 Likes

In case anything goes wrong

Pure. Blender 3.5. Rendered in Cycles.

I’ve been watching war movies pretty much everyday these last weeks so this is the first thing that came to my mind. I challenged myself to try and make it a speed modeling challenge too, and managed to do it in around 4h. Pretty proud of the final result !

11 Likes

Well, just don’t run… this glass looks thick.
PS. If this are mirrors, I guess that someone need just 15-20 min. to completely flip out :cold_face:

1 Like

“Part of the Plan”

Pure.

The eyes are an existing asset, and the hahahas were made from a downloaded PNG, but everything else is new.

Edit: The chin was bugging me on the last one and I adjusted the strait jacket. Also made the body smaller, to suit Mr Glass’ description of comic book villains.

10 Likes

Improvise

Pure (used several textures though)

7 Likes

Hi all, here’s my openly pure submission for this weeks challenge. Made in Blender 3.6, 100 samples and denoise. I call it “Planning the Escape” . Hope all enjoy.

6 Likes

All Blender except for the pilot which is CC3. ( and some post processing in KRITA )

11 Likes

Noncompeting
Photoshop

5 Likes

Escape Pod

Pure - the person inside is a 3D scan but everything else is my own new work.

10 Likes

The nice thing about 3d scanning people in stasis pods is that they usually aren’t moving all the time. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Escape Velocity

non competing (pure), Cycles + Compositor, Blender 4.0 (Alpha)

Continuing last weeks Kuwahara experiments. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Now I need my escape route

Pure, cycles, Blender 3.6

8 Likes

Salvation From Within!

Pure entry, blender 3.6 cycles. The text is from the first two chapters of exodus, it is however, not displayed in any kind of order.

8 Likes

This is really clever. I don’t know if you intended the double-meaning, but I also interpret this as “An escape from a life of sin”.

4 Likes

I just prepared a few entries for closing the challenge tonight. Looking through the entries I noticed that I’m not entirely sure if this one is meant to be open or pure. ; )
E.g. if the characters were created for this challenge from scratch in Blender, I’d suggest going with pure. If, for example, they are coming from a database or generator addon, ‘open’ would probably be the better choice. Thanks for letting me know. :slight_smile:

“The Key to Escape”

(Pure. The font is from fontlibrary.org)

10 Likes

I got this from a movie called The Shawshank Redemption: Andy Dufresne is unjustly imprisoned for murdering his wife and her lover. He hides the rock hammer in the last place the warden would ever look, despite being a self professed pious man.

1 Like