Challenge #1065 "The wizard’s tower" (17/11/23) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1065 for Friday 17th of November 2023 is:

The wizard’s tower

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Nov 20, 2023 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Rookie Action

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Title: Surprisingly Good Reception

Open.
You may or may not recognise Jasper, the old man, from a previous challenge “The Spirit of Halloween”, who has been reincarnated as Jasper the Ginger.
Plus, I had to download a crow in anticipation of people questioning how they got the cups to and from the towers.
Everything else was modeled over the last couple of days.
Edit: I adjusted the camera, depth and scale a little because the mountains didn’t seem far enough away. The whole scene is over 1km, but it doesn’t seem like that.
Any ideas/feedback would be welcome!
Edit: For @Helge “Open. Old man head and hands are from an old model and the crow was downloaded”. (this should make it easier when creating the voting page)

15 Likes

Felt Fortress

Pure

14 Likes

Title: The tower and the dragon

Open

The background clouds were generated with bing create and the stone material comes from blenderkit.

The other stuff is new. The mountain was generated using the ant plugin which comes with blender as default. Took quite some time to find parameters I liked :smiley:

16 Likes

lazy magic

pure

9 Likes

“All The Bananas”
non-competing

Blender/Eevee

13 Likes

Mobile Home

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 4.0.1

18 Likes

TITLE: The Wizard’s Tower(Pure)

Process:
Model with basic mesh in blender and added noise and blur filter using Photopea on the final render.

4 Likes

The mushroom wizard

Non-competing (pure). Everything made in Blender, only procedural textures.

From champignon soup to magic mushrooms that make you see unicorns, the mushroom wizard has got you covered.

And in case you think this tower is too small for a wizard, I guarantee it has mushroom inside.
:drum:
I think I’m addicted to bad jokes…

13 Likes

PURE “magic of the forest”

Cycles 256s

7 Likes

Stone on the Water

Pure entry made in blender 4 cycles. I tried to imagine the wizard as being someone who evolved with the passage of time. I managed to create 3 stages, the stone age foundation, the renaissance architecture, and the sci fi floating structures.

10 Likes

Title: Orthanc Tower of Isengard

Pure
The tower Orthanc of Isengard, home of the Wizard Saruman.
Rendered in Blender 3.6 cycles with 1000 samples.
(I also used GIMP for color grading)

6 Likes

That’s not a bad joke. You’re clearly a very fun guy!

1 Like

The floating domes reminded me of the vehicles The Jetsons used. I guess this is one of those cases where any sufficiently arcane and obscure magic is indistinguishable from technology. :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! That is helpful, indeed. :slight_smile:

Here’s my entry, Wizard

Pure Cycles

Homage to Vaughn Bode

4 Likes

Pure entry.
Eh, I don’t think I’ll have time to finish this to my liking, so here we go.

4 Likes

The Tower Of Art, Unseen University (from Terry Pratchett’s Discworld)

Pure - the barrels and luggage are from polyhaven, trees and grass are botaniq, but everything else is new this weekend. The tower uses geometry nodes to scatter blocks all over the surface. The distant buildings, tower, and wizard were all sculpts (and look fairly crude close-up!). The ground is displacement mapped with a voronoi texture controlled by vertex painting to distinguish the road from other surfaces.

BTW the tower is exactly 800ft tall, as specified in the books. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

there’s a name i haven’t heard in awhile. :slight_smile: