Challenge #1067 "My Country" (01/12/23) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1067 for Friday 1st of December 2023 is:

My Country

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Dec 4, 2023 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: The Lands of Voronoi

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Topology of America

Open- Basically all of the detail is from a downloaded height map.(probably from NASA)

5 Likes

That’s mine
Open, cycles 512 samples, optix denoise, rendertime <1min., all made in blender except the risk map is grabbed from the internet.

risk_thats_mine1.blend (148.8 KB)

9 Likes

Typically Dutch (open)

9 Likes

Luso Canadiano

Pure entry, made in blender 4 cycles. The flag image texture was made in blender as well.

5 Likes

Fairy tales by Grimm

Pure, Blender 4.0, Cycles

I thought that fairy tales are nice heritage in Germany :heart:
I chose the tower of Rapunzel, the witch house from Hänsel & Gretel, and the pumpkin from Aschenputtel (or Cinderella) placed in a fairy tale wood :slight_smile:

7 Likes

“Motherland”
non-competing

Blender/Eevee

6 Likes

There’s always old relics being dug up in my country, I think it’s got something to do with the small army of metal detectorist that are around nowadays. I often wonder about the stories surrounding these items, from the stashes of coins to the treasures found in tombs and graves of fallen warriors, Kings and Queens. The truth is though that we probably never know why these things are in the places they are, or who the people, who were obviously held in high respect, were.
I got to thinking, what if something unexpected turned up in one of these graves, what would the scientists make of it.

Pure entry, everything was modelled this weekend.

8 Likes

493 PT

Non-competing

Over time the several nations of Cythera (terraformed Venus) and the colonies on Mercury all joined the Republic of Splodesisa. Mars is still called Mars. In a similar way Muskovia became the only nation on Mars. Earth advanced science and technology.

Sometimes they were friends, sometimes not, but they settled their differences with words. No longer. The previously peaceful Muskovites have a shield and leaders desiring an empire. The shield is a bit of science fiction made real but it only works on a very large scale so they have enclosed the whole of Mars in one while they build up forces for conquest. If the Earth-Splodesia alliance can act while Muskovia is still militarily weak then this can end with a minimum of harm. But the shield …

On 493 PT (post terraforming) 68% day cycle several vessels carrying Splododyne Explodiatory Explodolators began the journey to Mars. The yields have been set to just enough to take down the shield.

5 Likes

Title: Fantasy winter land

Open since snow and “ginger bread” material originated from blenderkit. Also hdri was downloaded.

3 Likes

“Resource Extraction”

Open - used procedural crowd, random flow, botaniq, and things from polyhaven.

7 Likes

And now, let’s get some voting done! Yeehaw!