• The_Hit_List
  • meetdilip
  • md2000
  • fcharr
  • deltaray
  • codecontemplator
  • HazelQ
0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Dec 20, 2023 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:

Pure Entries

PMDesigns: Shortly After the Universe Hit ‘Render’

The_Hit_List: The Illusion of Time

meetdilip: the oldest view

md2000: Last View

fcharr: Thea on the Horizon

deltaray: An old camera

Open Entries

codecontemplator: The sands of time

(Almost pure I think but cosmic background from https://www.freepik.com/free-photo/outer-space-background_4100956.htm and sand + stone materials inspired by materials from blenderkit.)

HazelQ: Settlement

(Open - mostly new stuff but the terrain is based on NASA data (with added procedural detail), the workers’ spacesuits are a heavily modified version of Blender’s female base mesh, rigged using Mixamo, the Earth and lens flare are from an earlier projects, the cranes are from Blenderkit by MapacheDRelease.)

Non-competing Entries

Trentle: Free Hugs

Helge: Stone Age Optics

3dmad: The Optimistic View

1 Like

I just notice @md2000 's entry has RIP default cube on the headstone lol

3 Likes

Congrats @PMDesigns! And take that spray can space scene artists! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Wow, I’m impressed by the number of quality entries this time. It’s not easy to vote on this one!

2 Likes

Thank you, but you might be a little premature!

1 Like

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 1069 with votes from 50% of the voters is… PMDesigns!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Shortly After the Universe Hit ‘Render’

5 Likes

Congrats @PMDesigns truly amazing work!

1 Like

Thank you @The_Hit_List

I now give you my fully mature congratulations Peter :slight_smile: You made the universe look good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Look what Santa brought!

A fully mature thank you! :grinning:
I hope you enjoy the next theme.

2 Likes

Congrats @PMDesigns :slight_smile:

Well deserved :trophy:

1 Like

Congrats @PMDesigns . A very cool looking universe! I am curious how you made it if you dont mind me asking. Is it 2d textures on planes, volumes, a mixture or something else? If you want to keep it secret it is totally fine ofcourse.

1 Like

It’s just a few objects with volumes. The planets were plain shaders, the swirling galaxies were volumes and the pink, green and blue part was all one volume lit up by 3 coloured point lights…

For the larger volume shader, it’s mainly just noise affecting noise affecting noise.

There’s also a particle system in there to scatter “stars” around.
And finally (after a 1 hour render at 256 samples) you end up with space in a box…
universe in a box

6 Likes

Wow! Interesting. :star_struck:Thanks for your detailed explanation.