Challenge #1073 "Cat Cafe" (12/01/24) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1073 for Friday 12th of January 2024 is:

Cat Cafe

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Jan 15, 2024 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: This is not a cat

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Whisker’s Cafe

Pure

13 Likes

Title: “Catnip Cafe”

Purrrrr entry. (Sorry, had to be done)
Modeled from scratch. (Sorry, again.)
Just in case you don’t understand the image, look up what a “coffee shop” is in Amsterdam.
Never modeled a cat or cat person character before, so thanks @HazelQ for the interesting theme choice!

Edit: Removed the link to the Youtube video, because I’ve just been informed that the upload was corrupted.

Edit: Re-uploaded the time-laspe, so if anyone is interested in the seeing the process…

15 Likes

Title: “Left Behind”

Pure

thinking of all the cats whose owners had to abandon them or were killed under bombings; I hope that there is a place for all of them to be together

First time combining grease pencil w/ a 3D scene. So many mistakes, and so much learned- incredible possibilities, if I can grasp them.

10 Likes

Catpuccino

Eevee, Pure

10 Likes

Have A Coffee

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 4.0.2

15 Likes

Cat cafes (and Corgi cafes) are a big thing here, in China, but I’m curious as to whether they’re popular in other countries?
Another thing which is quite popular in China is cat “poo” coffee. Coffee beans are fed to some kind of cat-like creature (I think it’s a civet), and they then ferment inside the animal before being… output. Then people use it to make coffee.

3 Likes

Title: A relaxing coffee in space

Pure

6 Likes

Neko Cafe

Pure

7 Likes

Lounging With the Staff

Open entry, blender 4 cycles. Everything is models from older challenges, except for the walls and the floor. Feeling low on energy but high on ambition.

5 Likes

“Mom, i go to the ‘Cat Cafe’ with my friends.”
‘Ok, honey, have fun and dont forget your protection glasses.’
“Mom, but they look so weird.”
'Remember how you look with that eye patch!"

:smiley:

3 Likes

Did I mention that the cafe used to be a pirate bar before? Arrr! :wink:

3 Likes

I also noticed this issue but thought, “If the cups are wider than the average face, it shouldn’t be a problem.”

2 Likes

Or maybe some kind of bimetal bends the handle out of the way as soon as something hot is inside the cup.

On the other side, the easiest solutions is probably this:
It simply isn’t a cafe for humans. In that case, it would obviously have been called “Human Café”, wouldn’t it? :wink:

2 Likes

When you hold it, the handle curls around your hand lovingly.

2 Likes

You could turn the handle into a drinking straw :smiley:

3 Likes

Nice! We might just have invented the drinking pipe. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Japan has plenty of *-cafés: cats, dogs, otters, snakes, owls… you name it. Hell, they even have maid cafés, although those are a bit different ^^’

Unfortunately, Japan doesn’t seem to have any regulations against animal cruelty. I’ve never been to such cafés here, but people I know who went there say the animals are really unhappy.

Also, thanks for the warning, I will now never drink coffee in China without being 100% sure it is not “recycled” coffee.

1 Like

Kopi Luwak was one of my first ideas for this theme. But then I noticed that it seems to be called “Katzenkaffee” (cat-coffee) only in German and the English “civet coffee” just didn’t fit the theme equally good.

1 Like

Not even going to go into some of the unusual eateries in Japan, but don’t worry about accidentally drinking the “recycled” coffee in China. The name is pretty clear: 猫屎咖啡 māoshǐkāfēi - literally translated “cat s#!t coffee”.

Edit: Just remembered that I was given some as a gift…

As you can probably see, I’ve never opened it :sweat_smile:

3 Likes