Challenge #1077 "Personification" (09/02/24) Entries CLOSED

I really hope that is not the case!
I hope, like me, people do these contests for the “Fun and Glory” (even if the Glory part seems to not get fulfilled that often - still haven’t seen Millani’s recent winning entry on the Featured Row. Nor HazelQ’s witch from the Enchanted Candy challenge!).
I only really have time on Thursdays and sometimes Fridays to work on these. That’s why I often get a render in quite early, even though I probably spent a straight 6 hours working on it.
I also like to try a new method or try learning something new for every one of these challenges. There’s always something to gain from taking part.

3 Likes

I think nobody got really discouraged… there is nothing wrong in setting the bar high, that’s what a challenge is about :slight_smile:

I also see the challenges as opportunities to learn something new or to practice and improve my skills. Most of the time, I know that my entry won’t win a pot of coffee… :sweat_smile:

I liked NeilJamesFrarey’s white light. That is something often personified. Sometimes a thing is art for reasons beyond itself such as the title, context, or circumstances. This gray square became art because its creator thought is wasn’t.

GrimZa, find inspiration away from the computer. Or put googly eyes on the default cube.

2 Likes