Challenge #1077 "Personification" (09/02/24) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1077 for Friday 9th of February 2024 is:

Personification

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Feb 12, 2024 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: The Pile

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :-

3 Likes

“Love”

Pure.
Went through a few ideas for this one, but with Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I ended up on love. And, of course, the personification of love is a mother.

13 Likes

This will require either becoming high again or drunk.

Time to revisit these guys from scratch.

2 Likes

Title: Perfect match

Pure

5 Likes

I am Vengeance. I am the Knight. I am Batman
This is a pure image.
Big fan of Batman. Have many designs on Batman stuff. It was either this or Batmobile '89 or Batwing '89 with Michael Keaton

6 Likes

Fear Of The Dark

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 4.0.2

10 Likes

Endeavor

Pure entry, made in blender 4 cycles, for those who know :wink:

8 Likes

White Light

1 Like

You are toast

Non-competing (pure).

I had a more ambitious plan initially, but the time budget this weekend was a bit limited for me.

I hope the face on the toast is somewhat understandable…

4 Likes

Cast your personal vote right here:

1 Like

I am starting to think that 3d modeling is no longer for me, i literally sat 2 hours while staring at the default cube and daydreaming about how to start and what other concepts i could incorporate.

What was the first thought that came to you when you read the subject of this challenge … Personification?

What do you personify as? A hockey puck? Or perhaps a screw? Maybe a screw driver?

Doesn’t matter. Does it. Go with what YOU see. Just, be yourself!!!

1D, 2D, 3D, 4D, 5D … doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

I think we all have spent a fair amount of time staring at the default cube. At least I have. One way to get started for me is to lower the expectations. Just make something simple and go from there. Just go with the flow and enjoy the process. Keep it up!

1 Like

I reckon a big obstacle with this theme, and probably why there weren’t many entries, is that people don’t seem to really know what “Personification” means.

Wait, so you’re saying that is not normal? Not deleting the default cube by reflex when opening Blender does seem a bit abnormal, though. :thinking:

Jokes aside, I thought the same thing of myself the first 1-2 years of Blending. My solution was to find something which I enjoyed doing and focusing on that (in my case, it was shading). I still needed to model something, but it is less frustrating if it is not your main goal.

Eventually, I learned how to snap some primitive shapes together, and then do as much as possible with modifiers. Learning how to “sketch” in 3D helps a lot with getting something done.

But of course, this only works if you enjoy the process.

1 Like

That is so true. And more often than not it is still enough. Over the years I have used a lot of characters which were basically just a few edges and a skin modifier. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I found the theme quite nice and easily implementable, as you can basically personify anything by simply adding the good ol’ googly eyes :eyes:
Unfortunately, I didn’t have enough time this week. I wanted to model a bookworm sitting comfortably in an armchair, engrossed in a book within a library setting, puffing on a pipe, and sporting glasses, but time didn’t permit.
Maybe some were discouraged because of your neat first entry and instantly gave up :smile:

1 Like

Having an initial idea before opening Blender helps a lot. There was a time when I wanted to be a music composer. While I learned the basics of song making fairly easily, I never had initial ideas for songs. So I had to give up.

This is the most pure entry I’ve ever seen.

3 Likes