Challenge #1077 "Personification" Voting CLOSED

This week’s theme: Personification

• PMDesigns
  • codecontemplator
  • BatDad01
  • NeilJamesFrarey
  • fcharr
0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Feb 14, 2024 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:

Pure Entries

PMDesigns: Love

codecontemplator: Perfect match

BatDad01: I am Vengeance. I am the Knight. I am Batman

NeilJamesFrarey: White Light

fcharr: Endeavor

Non-competing Entries

Helge: Fear Of The Dark

Millani: You are toast

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 1077 with votes from 68.2% of the voters is… PMDesigns!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Love

4 Likes

Now that’s what I call a long weekend. May it be a harmonious one :slight_smile:
Next round:

1 Like

Congratulations @PMDesigns :star: I really liked your entry. Both a unique idea and an excellent execution. Well done :clap:

3 Likes

Thanks very much! Looking forward to seeing your entry this weekend. You always make something interesting.

3 Likes

Congrats PM on your lovely sculpt :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Last week’s challenge was marked by the first time in a while that we’ve had only enough entries to warrant one vote: The topic was such that it compelled anyone participating to model a character. One way around this is to ‘not understand’ what personification is. I feel this kept people from participating, and would recommend that topics should be openable to interpretation.

1 Like

A fuzzy interpretation can make things a lot easier. It also helps with the “staring at the default cube”-issue @GrimZA mentioned. And if a theme doesn’t feel like fun at first glance, it is an easy way to make it fun.

Regarding last weeks theme:

There seem to be several definitions of “personification”. This one works for me:

1.) the attribution of human nature or character to animals, inanimate objects, or abstract notions, especially as a rhetorical figure.

2.) the representation of a thing or abstraction in the form of a person, as in art.

(https://www.dictionary.com/browse/personification)

So, it might not be the most literal interpretation, but for me, a garbage can with googly eyes would still have matched the theme. (And from my non-native speaker perspective, it’s particularly easy to ignore linguistic subtleties, as I probably wouldn’t even notice them, anyways.) :slight_smile:

grafik

3 Likes

I agree, which is what I tried to bear in mind when coming up with the next theme, “Harmony”. Not everyone likes modeling characters. I personally hate modeling vehicles. So if that was implicit in a theme, with no way around it, I would probably skip that week. Or maybe not - I’m kinda addicted to this!

3 Likes