Challenge #1080 "Lighter than air" (01/03/24) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1080 for Friday 1st of March 2024 is:

Lighter than air

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Mar 4, 2024 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Into the flow

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Title: “Sky Lanterns”

Pure.
Based loosely on West Lake, in Hangzhou, China. Finished sooner than anticipated. Not really happy with the scale of the water, but it seems that the ocean modifier has a minimum size.

11 Likes

Mr. M drifts into town.

Pure. Blender 4.0

10 Likes

Vacuum Balloon

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 4.1.0 (Beta)

10 Likes

Flying for all

Open

Background image from unslpash. Everything else is freshly made by me (including the ship in the distance :slight_smile: )

8 Likes

Awesome !!

Let try one myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

as light as a feather

pure, non competing

12 Likes

The Essence of Productivity

Blender 4 cycles pure entry.

4 Likes

Prototype LTA-1080

Pure entry, Cycles + Gimp. Airship is newly made, frames from own asset pack, cloud background from Unsplash.

6 Likes

A Sunday Drive in the Airship

Open entry. Character I downloaded, sky background image is also something I downloaded. I modeled the airship & animation.

Background music - Gorillaz - ‘Feel Good Inc’ - seemed fitting for some reason…

Randy

1 Like

Title: Above In The Sky

Pure, Cycles. All done by me however left rendering too late so have resorted to a test render that I prefer the colours in. A seaside town with a crane lifting above it

2 Likes

Hi Duke! Welcome on board.
It will still take me about 30 Minutes before I can close the challenge. So if you want to re-render and update your entry, just go for it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There’s something in the air tonight! :drum: