Challenge #1081 "Lost" (08/03/24) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1081 for Friday 8th of March 2024 is:

Lost

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Mar 11, 2024 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: O

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

“Lost”

Non-competing. Open. Trees and rocks were downloaded. Everything else was made over the last two days.
This only makes sense if you’ve ever seen the TV show, “Lost”.

6 Likes

Lost in thoughts

Pure. Made with Blender 4.0.2, Geometry Nodes instancing, Color correction in compositing.

9 Likes

Lost In The Dead Woods

Pure. Modeled and rendered in Blender 4

9 Likes

Tree Iron

Pure

From www.ambientcg.com
HDR background: DayEnvironmentHDRI003_8K-TONEMAPPED.jpg CC0

From www.textures.com
Grunge: DecalsStain0025_1_S.png
Bark: BarkDecidious0164_5_S.jpg
Bark: BarkPine0009_11_S.jpg

Addons:
Sapling Tree Generator
Ivy Generator

Wire

12 Likes

A Little Lost

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 4.0.2

12 Likes

In the Desert

Blender 4 cycles pure entry.

5 Likes

Lost in the Lost World

Pure, Cycles

8 Likes

Getting a little bit worried

Pure. (except the wood textures)

old version

I had a lot of fun with this and even sculpted (and baked) some normal textures for the leaves and the flowers. And like with my last submission: really had to think hard to come up with a good central focus element (hier: the sign).

My little garden

9 Likes

Lost Time

Pure

All of the textures are procedural. After taking a break for a few months and coming back to find blender 4.0, I have to say I really like the new principled bsdf node!

If you’re living somewhere in North America or Europe, you’re probably experiencing the tiring effects of daylight savings. Whether it’s actually beneficial or not is its own debate which I do not wish to initiate here, but one thing is for sure: It’s exhausting to adjust to!

7 Likes

My other idea for the theme was “Land of the Lost”, so I’m glad you went with this.

2 Likes

Here’s my entry Black Forest

Pure, cycles.

5 Likes

Yes, I thought it is a nice way to refer to the theme “Lost” on the one hand and to the old dinosaur movie “The Lost World” from 1925 or the Jurassic Park sequel “Lost World” on the other.
We have the same concepts with the maps and the lurking danger… but that’s a coincidence… I didn’t copy-cat :smile:

1 Like

Guess who got lost this weekend…

Open - Character is one I downloaded, background image also downloaded from internet.

Everything else modeled in blender 3.6.5, cycles render - 25 samples + denoise. Text images created in Inkscape.

Had fun with this one, wish I had more time to work on details…

Randy

6 Likes

And lost but not least: the voting =>

I have to say, the models and shading aren’t very polished, but the animation in this one is quite impressive. The character’s (and UFO’s) motions smooth, and the anticipation is just right.

1 Like

Wow, thanks for the compliment @Charles_Weaver !! NOW GO VOTE FOR ME!!!

Just kidding, lol, I don’t care about votes… I did it for the fun of doing it, and if it makes at least 1 person smile, then I’m happy.

Personally, I think the animation needs work, and yes, models and shading needs help. Also took some time to render & edit and there is a deadline for entry.

Forgot to mention in my previous post, the UFO/spaceship design is a copy of the Jupiter 2 spacecraft from the original ‘Lost in Space’ TV show from the late 1960’s.

Randy

2 Likes