Challenge #1088 "A Song of Summer and Winter" (26/04/24) Entries CLOSED

Fire & Ice

I imagined “Summer and Winter” as superhero twin siblings with fire and ice powers.

Open - using blender’s human base mesh, and some shoes and a sword I downloaded - everything else is new and made by me.

9 Likes

23.4°

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 4.1.1

10 Likes

I had to google the tilt of the earth, just to make sure. I got 23.5 and 23.44. So, yep :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had writers block on this one so… :slight_smile:
If I composed a song about summer and winter I’d use my MPK mini.
That’s my USB cable too :slight_smile:

Pure
“To Compose the Song of Summmer and Winter”

5 Likes

Winter and Summer

Pure. Blender 4.1

10 Likes

verse

3 Likes

Open. Non-competing.
I had to take a break from my actual entry, and saw fcharr’s

So thought I’d make a quick snowman to join the others.

10 Likes

With all these Frosties and Sandies showing up, I’m reminded of @Brett_Witty 's Feedback on Australian "Snow" globe :rofl:

Title: “Solstice Sonata”

Pure.
Alternative titles: “I Should Have Made Dragons”, or “Epic Fail”.
Pretty disappointed with this, but I’ve spent 8 hours making it (90 minutes of which was just modelling trees), so I have to submit it.

Details

I thought of making this scene, but making it “realistic” would have been a lot of work, so decided to make a clay diorama style.
Looked good in my mind.
Looked ok on paper…

But after modelling everything, I just didn’t like how it came together. Not sure why, but something/s is/are off.
Anyway, I didn’t have a video prepared for my channel this week, so I made a time-lapse. If anyone is interested in how any of this garbage was made, you can find the time-lapse here…
https://youtu.be/XkHCH_WiRcQ

7 Likes

Updated,
The composition came to me. It was deceptively simple!
Added polaroids one for winter one for summer.

Pure, 4.1
All procedural except the beach and cabin image.
The texture for the film is procedural.

4 Likes

Water yin yang :ocean:

non-competing (pure)

I wanted to have the water as ice and steam but the volume shader refused to work with me :joy:
I’m still happy with the result though :slight_smile:

4 Likes

2 seasons,2 faces of the sun

competing pure,all job done in Blender 3d

4 Likes

I honestly really like this, and I think the 8 hours were worth it. It looks almost like clay or cardboard. I wonder what it would look like if you went with either one of those, and gave it a crafty diorama look.

1 Like

The voting season is open!

1 Like