• fcharr
  • Mastermomo
  • Isengard42
  • DawnFilms
  • Tachtian
  • PMDesigns
  • Splododyne
0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Jun 12, 2024 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:

Pure Entries

Trentle: Glass Garden

valoisa_tylluan: A garden in a (nut)shell

fcharr: Circle of Crops

Mastermomo: The Garden of chilling

Isengard42: Down The Drain

DawnFilms: A Trick Of The Light

Tachtian: Too curious

Open Entries

PMDesigns: Mysterious Crop Circle

(Used the Studio Garden HDRI from Studio Garden HDRI • Poly Haven.
The rest (3 objects) was made in the last half hour or so.)

Splododyne: Garden Mystery

*(Open - all generators and add-ons

I used an old plant generator called Plant Studio to create the base of these plants. Using its breeding function can create strange ones.)*

Non-competing Entries

Gismo_Wander: It itches everywhere

Helge: Allotment Garden

2 Likes

Congratulations on your amazing entries, everyone! :+1: :wink: :star_struck: :blender_logo_64_png:

3 Likes

@Helge did you make your little ferns with geometry nodes? They really look great.

1 Like

voted for you @DawnFilms :blender_logo_64_png: The scene evoked really nice memories to me :snowflake:

1 Like

Thank you so much @MarieOH! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :melting_face:

1 Like

For some reason I thought this weeks theme said “Walled Garden”. Surprisingly, most of the entries did fit it. Three entries even had a similar looking cobblestone wall.

1 Like

Thank you! These were actually a last minute addition. But since they only had to look good inside a bottle with a surface heavily distorting everything inside, some very simple geometry and a bunch of modifiers were enough to do the job. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Neat, that is pretty similar to how I did my red leaves, but you got that fancy twist action going on in there that helps make it look more convincingly 3d.

I just made one simple geo + solidify then used distribute instances on faces with a z rotation + bias to facing away from center then mostly putting it along face normal.

With all the shadow and the shallow camera angle it looked surprisingly good. Its sometimes surprising what you can get away with.

2 Likes

So true! I actually use that a lot. The viewer’s brain is capable of doing a lot of automatic post-processing. As long as you render a few visual hints, you can leave out a lot of details (or even entire parts of the model, like hands, ears, faces,…). As long as you don’t zoom in too much, the brain will fill in the blanks with all kinds of beautiful details. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This challenge is making me so nervous…I never thought I had a chance…looks like @Isengard42 is winning though, so congrats! :wink: :+1: :blender_logo_64_png:

@DawnFilms Last night you had a convincing lead so I wouldn’t call it yet. If it wins I’ll have to thank spring cleaning the kitchen for the concept. The things I found weren’t quite as pretty but they were… mysterious :wink:

1 Like

:rofl:

Thank you, but I’m pretty sure you’ve already won this week. :wink: I love your entry, by the way, its a very nice and well modeled scene. The lighting is fantastic too.

Thank you. You had a lot more elements in your scene to work on. I particularly like your trees both model and texture. I’m a fan of a good node-based not image-based shader.

I had spent 3-4 of my time setting up the environment trying to get enough ambient light without killing all my contrast. I was fortunate it finally came together at the end with the red to make it not just look like a grimy drain.

1 Like

Thanks! The trees were actually downloaded from polyhaven. I created the flowers, glowing stalks, path, and deer though. Thanks for appreciating my work. :slightly_smiling_face:

I thought the deer were from sketchfab? When I saw the description in the entries page I though it was strange that this one was ‘pure’.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @Riggidy!
Yes, the deer were downloaded, but using tiny cubes I built around their shape to create all those glowing dots. I labeled it as ‘Pure’ because most of the models were new, created by myself, and Blender was the only software I used to create the image. Good questions by the way!
(I did use those original deer to be dark shapes behind the cubes though, to enhance their emission and bloom effect).

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 1094 with votes from 48.4% of the voters is… Isengard42!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Down The Drain

3 Likes

Congratulations on first place @Isengard42! I wasn’t sure which one of us was going to win for a while, you made a great comeback! :wink: :+1:
And a big thanks to @MarieOH and all those who voted for me, I really appreciate it and it motivates me to get better and enter in future challenges. :grinning: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :melting_face: :blender_logo_64_png:

2 Likes

Congrats @Isengard42 :slight_smile:

1 Like