Challenge #1101 "Special delivery" (26/07/24) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1101 for Friday 26th of July 2024 is:

Special delivery

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Jul 29, 2024 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Arrr! Parcel!

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF4QTLgyACs&t=52s&ab_channel=hgood68 :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Boxed

Blender 4.2 cycles pure entry. The truck is delivering boxes and it’s low polygon box modeled.

9 Likes

Death’s Door

Pure

I hate making grass.

9 Likes

On My Way

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 4.2.0

11 Likes

I like the concept, always good to see people thinking outside the box!

Maybe replace the HDRI with a sky texture in the world material? Maybe move the fire/smoke to a different view layer with no lighting, then combine in compositer… IDK

@fcharr - Looking good, but it’s driving on the wrong side of the road!! (just joking)

@Helge - Top notch stuff as always!

I had an idea for an animation about an Amazon delivery drone gone wrong, but I needed to deal with real life stuff instead. Being a grown-up sucks sometimes… :cry:

Randy

5 Likes

Thanks a lot! However, by now our kids have found the plant weight map and particle settings. :wink:

9 Likes

Spacial Delivery

Pure. 3.8.14 Eevee. I struggled a bit with the lighting on this one. I tried to get a good rim on the planet but still be able to see the ship too. It kinda came out bright and dark at the same time

12 Likes

“Every Time You Press Delete…”

Pure. The cargo plane is from sketchfab. The rest was made over the last few days.
Edit: Found some time today to adjust the colours a little in GIMP.

Details

For the first time in a month, I actually had time to sit down, in a quiet room and focus on a BA entry. I also made a time-lapse of it, in case anyone is interested to see and also because I haven’t uploaded to YouTube in a while.
https://youtu.be/cFMNJ2Vdsrg

9 Likes

Fragile

Pure. Blender 4.2

11 Likes

Default Cube Delivery Courier

Pure entry. Blender + Cycles + Gimp, HDRI from PolyHaven.

The Cube Corps. is always working hard to ensure millions of default cubes properly delivered and ready to be deleted in every computer of the planet !

5 Likes

So it turns out putting anything in the video editor completely overrides the compositor, even if there is no input for it to use. So that’s fun and intuitive.

Sky texture at .25 is still almost too bright, but I got it working. View layers is probably the way to go, but they scare me.

The voting thread just arrived. Please sign here:

1 Like

Whew!!

No interpretations from Aliens 1979 special delivery chestburster scene!

:alien:

1 Like