Challenge #434 (10/06/11) CLOSED

Here is mine. I am using the IMG code cause I am doing this from my iPod.
http://db.tt/MGIsEWl
I hope the img code won’t disrupt the voting.
Enjoy! :smiley:

@rebogey: I meant the darker squirrel to be lot less striking than the white one. Tried to get the white one to have feel that it’s even bit self luminent, shining thing, while the bluish one could easily hide in shadows. In my monitor atleast it’s left shide should show more or less clearly…but this is always problem for me… I have no idea if my monitor is calibrated “right” by any standards :stuck_out_tongue:

@rarebit, thanks :slight_smile:

@helix, thanks for the nuts :slight_smile: and you have an interesting entry, would love to see some wireframe to get better idea how it is done?

Title: Predator

Its a pure entry. I decided to try being a bit more abstract this week.

Attachments

Strength or Cunning?

http://www.avidfish.com/stuff/opposites_pre.png

Ugh! That looks disgusting.

Cool :slight_smile:

On another note

Features Pacman and Inky the ghost. They will forever be divided and opposites by being enemies.

Love it, missmajor!

Thank you :smiley: wish me luck

Whoa, some more good ones!

@rarebit, I like! Now you’re the one dishing out nightmares…if I can sleep. Looks like the little guy brought a knife to a sword fight :slight_smile:

@Cymoth, here you go. It’s high poly so it’s hard to see what’s going on, but it’s really simple. Just some swirly meshes, some with cloth sim, and some low poly crystal shaped meshes running through everything. Most everything is transparent (that’s what gives it the painted look) except for some of the crystal shaped pieces are rendered as wires. Hope this helps:)

Good luck everyone!

Attachments

Here is my non-competing entry:

Paradiso / Inferno

RobertT

@RobertT thats amazing! :smiley: but why aren’t you competing?

Ice Aflame

There’s probably a better way to get a flame effect in 2.49b…

Attachments

Thank you, missmajor :slight_smile:

It’s a preference of mine based on a variety of reasons. Occasionally I decide to compete.

RobertT