Challenge #435 Voting CLOSED

This week’s theme: Transmission

Pure Entries

• AMDBCG
    Transmission ; what makes the car go vrooom (and also stall sometimes )
    ENTRY IMAGE

• blenderlogic
    Car Transmission
    ENTRY IMAGE

• Burtie1
    “Spirit Transfer”
    ENTRY IMAGE

• Casio23
    end transmision
    ENTRY IMAGE

• Cymoth
    “Where do you belong?”
    ENTRY IMAGE

• HELIX
    neurotransmission
    ENTRY IMAGE

• Larrotino
    The creation of 4d4m
    ENTRY IMAGE

• MatthiasSchmitz
    Transmission of Viruses Through Blood
    ENTRY IMAGE

• missmajor
    Transmission trans·mis·sion (trans-mish-uhn): noun. a system of shafts, gears, torque converters, etc.
    ENTRY IMAGE

• rarebit
    TRANSMISSION
    ENTRY IMAGE

• TWS Admin.
    Microwave Transmitter.
    ENTRY IMAGE
    Non-Participating Entries

• rebogey
    EET / Electronic Emo Transmitter.
    ENTRY IMAGE

• RobertT
    Morse Code
    ENTRY IMAGE

By, ant it gon quiet. Must plug me speakers in.

I think it a close call between several entrants, but Im going to vote for Casio 23.
Like the unusuall rough style, and the lens flair.

@Cymoth: Even with a topic like Transmission, you found a way to insert some emotion into a scene full of metal gears! Nice job!

@HELIX: Holy smokes, is that really what is inside my brain O_o !!! Seriously though, that is beast. Lovely visual effects. One thing I may note which applies generally to most of your works; try utilizing more dramatic landscape and portrait render resolutions (yours are usually squarish). ‘Wide’ landscapes and ‘tall’ portraits have the strange ability to really please the eye. Honestly this is one of your best works yet imho…keep it up :smiley:

Thanks Robo :slight_smile: And thanks for the tip! I’ll try to experiment with the resolutions more from now on. If nothing else, I’ll at least try and fill a typical modern browser window :slight_smile:

@RT, very nice! I only wish I could vote for it :rolleyes: How did you accomplish the brushed metal texture?

Nice work all! Wall to wall creativity :yes:

Oh i’m stuck… I really like Casio’s seascape, Cymoth’s reminds me of An Elephants Dream for some odd reason, Helix deserves a vote just for thinking Sackboy has a brain, Adam could have been, even missmajors turnings on texture grabbed my attention, others did some great intense modelling (AMDBCG, Blenderlogic, Burtie and MatthiasSchmitz)… TWS, a little too dark , even though I think that is how it would be in reality, so a good representation…

OK, since I didn’t put much effort in, I don’t get a proper vote, so i’m going for rebogey’s hot valve thing…

Mr Tiess, as usual, you out did yourself!

Oh, back by popular demand… (It is Friday tomorrow!!!)

:stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks, Helix :slight_smile:

It’s a little nor-mapped cloud with a small nor value on some ray reflective Blinn material.

rarebit: Thank you!

RobertT

Winner: Cymoth with 26% of the votes

Congrats!

Martin

Congrats Cymoth nice intepritation. I thaught helix might catch you at one stage when it was looking like a standard deviation curve. Good that every one got a vote. At first, I couldent make out TWS admins picture. My moniter is positioned badly for dark pictures in daylight. Got a skylight right over it. Had another look in darkness, and realised you must have visited “spaceweather ping.”
Good look all for this week if your not at Glastonbury.
ps rarebit, thanks for the vote of confidence.

Thanks for comments ICA_terminator, HELIX, Rarebit and rebogey, and sorry I haven’t have time to comment myself much anything this week :slight_smile: (New job, etc general laziness)

It was really tight this time, with many good ones. (My vote went to HELIX, got the microscopic and abstract feeling on that very well :slight_smile: )

and rebogey, I’m glad I’m not the only one who noticed the standard deviation in the votes :smiley:

I actually did that from memory. It’s supposed to be a microwave transmission tower. I see them all the time when I visit a city.
:wink: